Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Random Dozen




December 1, 2009
Random Dozen ::December 1

1. Which Wizard of Oz character are you most like? I always associated with the Scarecrow... I loved his character so much! Such an endearing soul... and I suppose often I do feel rather mindless.

2. When you're deciding what you're going to wear each morning, which item do you select first? Why? I never really thought about it but I alwyas decide on the pants first then go for a top. I have absolutely no idea why!

3. What kind of animal do you think the world could live without?Mosquitoes.. I mean really... what earthly good do they do!?!

4. How many Christmas trees are in your home?The main tree in the living room, the real tree in the sunroom, a small tree in the library.. although we used to have another tree in the rec downstairs, now the room is a real wreck!

5. Would you prefer to be emotionless if it mean you didn't have to feel a heartbreak?

No way... I am a very soulful person and heartbreak has helped to mold me. Praise God for the broken heart... it is that by which we are able thereafter to measure joy.

6. Do you ever experience holiday let-down or depression? Always. I hate taking down the Christmas decorations. It is especially hard now that Amanda and Joshua live so far away and we never know how things may change over the coming year with aging parents etc.

7. Do you like Michael Jackson's music? I always liked his music.. he was a great talent, although a very conflicted soul.

8. Why is it that we never judge people who have their teeth fixed for cosmetic reasons, but every other cosmetic procedure has a stigma?I wouldnt go so far to say every other cosmetic fix has a stigma. I think there are many very worthwhile cosmetic redos which are most valuable. My cosmetic fixup of choice has been lesion removal.. I seem to have a blue million of em... inherited from both sides of the family! I hate them and try to have a dozen or so removed ever so often! Now breast augmentation is ridiculous to me.. however, I know many folks who look into breast reduction. Now that has merit from a physical point of view. But now I have given tmi!

9. Enjoy horseback riding? I love to watch others enjoy the sport... but not for me...

10. Shoes--practical or stylish? I love stylish shoes, but there again... at this stage of my life... I am very practical... to many foot problems!!

11. What was the name of your first pet? Feel free to post a pic. AW!! I had a pure white kitten as a small child. But someone stole it. Its name was Snowball.

12. What percentage of your Christmas shopping is done? I have about 1/3 of my shopping done!

Click on 2Nd Cup of Coffee for more Random-ness!

2 comments:

  1. What an interesting post! Love your bluebirds, and winter page:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your site is so peaceful and beautiful. We love birds in this house!

    We were almost exactly the same on mosquitoes and MJ...wow!

    How could anyone steal a kitten? You must have been so sad! :-(

    Have a great Thursday

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~