Monday, December 14, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY... from Schotzy's Daybook

Outside my window... a foggy, lazy start to a late autumn day... the temps promise to be a bit warmer, no threat of rain

I am thinking... only 10 more days until Christmas.... so much yet to do!

I am thankful for... family, friends, hearth, and home

I am wearing... still in pj's and robe this morning

I am remembering... Christmases when Amanda was home... the excitement of baking, wrapping, hiding and secrets, planning together.

I am going... to church to pick up some poinsettias to deliver to shut ins today, then the retired teacher's Christmas luncheon, tonight is the P. Buckley Moss Christmas party

I am currently reading... who has time to read... I did purchase Debbie Macomber's newest Christmas novel, Angels at Christmas... but no time!

I am hoping... for a snowy winter, I'll borrow Peggy's sentiment... I love snow!

On my mind... I am caught up again in the age old desire to create that wonderful Christmas feeling again this year.... if there was only a magic formula.. I know that I only really need to keep Christ center most and saturate everything with love...I want my daughter to love Christmas and have wonderful memories just as I have.... but I can never recreate those for her... mine are so precious, rare, and old fashioned.... sitting around the wood burning stove in Granny's living room, sleigh riding on the farm with myriad cousins, 5 kids piling into one bed in grandma's basement...eating grandma's Christmas cake, ginger bread, granny's apple sauce cake with caramel icing, triple layer coconut cake, homemade egg custard...singing carols around the spinet... going on a caroling hayride... I mean how does one compete with those.... we live in such a different age....

Noticing that... the lines and creases are getting more and more noticeable

Pondering these words..."The Master begins where we leave off." from Stream in the Desert


From the kitchen... partying tonight at Montano's

Around the house... if there is time, more wrapping, straightening and perhaps hanging another set of lights on the sunroom tree in preparation of hanging those decorations... then all the trees will be done!!!

One of my favorite things... planning and executing... as energy allows...

From my picture journal...
Photobucket
The carolers have come out from the village singing, "Gloria in excelsis deo!"

For more SWD's visit Peggy !

5 comments:

  1. Your header is so lovely. I wish planning and executing were strong points for me. I'm afraid I tend to fall short with the execution of the plan. I wish you well on making those memories with your daughter. Blessings on your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your descriptions of childhood Christmases... part of the beauty of Christmas for me is remembering Christmases past. I also long for the simple pleasures of those moments, and attempt to re-create them (although it's not the same). Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Christmas memories are beautiful. Sounds like the dream we all have for Christmas and you got to live them. Your daughter will have wonderful memories just by you keeping them alive for her. Thank goodness she has someone in her life to show her what an amazing Christmas was like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a friend who is a fan of Ross's work.

    You'd be surprised about the memories you're making for your daughter even if we live in a different time. Some of the things I did when mine was little made such an impression on her. It amazes me when she mentions it.
    Have fun,
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello from Romania ,
    please read the blog – My heart His words – at archive blog please look at November - Humbled and Convicted-

    , my friend Tammy Nischan wrote them the story and some pictures of some hungryes poors kids , what we try to help them for Christmas .Our LORD will be so proud of us if we will do something! Many kids dont have food ,or Christmas tree becouse theu are so poors ! I fight so much to help this kids but i cant alone ~ if anyoane wants to know much more or wish to help with one little packet oranyway you can please let me know email me at :

    tibivio72@yahoo.com
    I love you blog,
    sweet blessings and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

    Violeta
    Matthew 5:1-12 1 And seeing the multitudes, he went up into the mountain: and when he had sat down, his disciples came unto him: 2 and he opened his mouth and taught them, saying,
    3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
    4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
    5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
    6 Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
    7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
    8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
    9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called sons of God.
    10 Blessed are they that have been persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~