Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Trying to Catch up yet Again!


December Photo a day Challenge copy
Capturing December Photo a day Challenge  is   a  fun  December  theme...  for more  click here!


Wow!  This week has been so   full  helping   my parents,   taking them to the doctor,     visiting with them,  doing    cards, and wrapping  gifts....   I s cant seem to   get it all done  so therefore, I am yet again   far behind  so   it's time for another  montage to catch up!

Our   par lor looks   great from inside
and out!
This  reminds me of one of my favorite  Christmas  songs...
O Tannenbaum!


O Tannenbaum, o Tannenbaum,

wie treu sind deine Blätter!

Du grünst nicht nur

zur Sommerzeit,

Nein auch im Winter, wenn es schneit.

O Tannenbaum, o Tannenbaum,

wie treu sind deine Blätter!

My d ear young friend and neighbor, Petra Verdons, when we lived in Neuschloss near Mannheim, Germany taught me the song in German! I loved to teach it to my classes each year! 

O Christmas tree, o Christmas tree

How loyal are your leaves/needles!

You're green not only

in the summertime,

No, also in winter when it snows.

O Christmas tree, o Christmas tree

How loyal are your leaves/needles!


  The stockings were hung......

I DONT  REALLY  LIKE  CANDY CANES  AND NEVER
   
BUY THEM  ANYMORE  SINCE  I'M NOT  WORKING 

WITH  CHILDREN...   BUT   I DID  FIND THIS 

LOVELY   SITE  ABOUT THEM.
  
The  article is worth  a lovely  read a t Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~