Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Autumn Gently Comes to Stay



Earlier  this week  I   started introducing   decor   that   would  move me  gently into autumn,   using   bolder colors  on the mantel... for example...
Using found objects from  other rooms,     it is  fun to house shop to coordinate   color  themes     that  help   make transitions.

Now for the sunroom,  I have two inspirations....  First of all,  I am   so  excited about Lil Birdie's arrival in September,  I   decided to highlight this fabulous planter   our daughter gave me for Christmas last year. Is that a Lil Birdie I see on there??

 You may also see   the   impact of  apples..   ever since  I  taught third grade I associate September  with apples,,   "Back to School,   Johnny Appleseed,  An Apple for the Teacher,"""   So a marvelous opportunity to start   the season for using  my   inherited  Franciscan  apple  dishes...

And   I love how    this   fabric I bought last  summer  to make  this  table runner  keeps the     mood   summery  with a  hint of things to come! 
I find this a very welcome   sight  as I come into   our home,,, the colors   just seem to  say  we   are  joyful  happy loving folk...   step in and   get  comfortable! 

Also, with  apple season  upon us,  this  tablescape  puts me right into the mood to   be creative in the kitchen with apples  and other  summer fruits...
simply  delicious! 
APPLE BLUEBERRY CAKE
 from COOKS.COM
1/2 c. butter
1/4 c. whipping cream
1 1/4 c. sugar
3 eggs
2 1/3 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 c. (2 med.) tart cooking apples, peeled cored, coarsely chopped
2 c. blueberries
Heat oven to 350 degrees in 1 quart saucepan. Cook butter and cream
over low heat, stirring occasionally, until butter melts (7-8 minutes). Set
aside.
In large bowl combine sugar and eggs. Beat at medium speed, until well
mixed. Add butter mixture, flour, baking powder and salt. Continue beating
until smooth. Stir in apple and blueberries.
Spread into greased and floured 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Bake for 45-55
minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Serve warm with sweetened
whipped cream



Home Party@ Sandi's   Rose Chintz Cottage  ,   
Tablescape Thursday
and 


Grace at Home  @ Imparting Grace
and
Home and Garden at  A Delightsome Life

HGTbtngrey photo HGTbtngrey-1_zps3305ec7e.jpg

7 comments:

  1. Your photographs are lovely. I am so looking forward to fall this year. Every since we moved to Texas I practically beg for fall to come around and get some relief from this heat. I love your flower arrangements, I went looking for some new ones just yesterday, but I didn't find a thing.
    Patty at Home and Lifestyle Design

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tablescape! I am your newest follower. Stop by for a visit sometime!

    Big Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your table looks really pretty. My mother-in-law had those same dishes; she passed them along to my son and he's storing them at our house now. They are beautiful to use for a fall tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea for a table using an apple theme. Your Fransican Apple china is very pretty and the perfect pattern. I love your apple runner and the flower centerpiece. I was a elementary teacher and love the start of school, too. Have a great week!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful tablescape using apples! I'm not ready for Autumn yet but I guess down south it's much hotter than here along the eastern coast of Canada. Your cake recipe sounds delish! Thank you for sharing this at my HOME and enjoy your weekend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful...love your Franciscan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely tablescape to welcome Autumn. The cake sounds perfect! I am delighted that you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~