Monday, April 18, 2016

Simple Woman and Happy Homemaker Monday




For Today...

April 18, 2016 
weather outside...
gorgeous with  a  high of  mid 80's.. almost too hot,, too soon!

Outside my window...
My  sweet spring fairies are   reveling in the sunshine!!

I am thinking...
about  what I can do about    our deer problem... We just purchased  2  wonderful  paniculata  hydrangeas,  but the deer found one and  ate the top  layer of leaves off  of  it..so now at night  this is what it looks like...
we need to  go to Southern States and  talk about  netting or something....  

I am thankful...
to have the opportunity to facetime with my girls...
sorry for the glare ion the photo
I miss them so much!!!
I am creating...
a new spring  outlook  in the home...   photos to come...

I am going...
to be planning a trip north to  be with  my girls  in the  near future....  it is TIME!!!!

I am wondering...
about spiritual warfare....  it  seems that all of us prayer girls  who  are seeking to reclaim our community for Christ have been under spiritual  attack... me  since  the first of the year... I mean I ahve been physically attacked  in one way or another!! I need to spend more time on my knees!

I am reading...
Only one more of Lynn Kurland's books to go.... 
I understand the library  has their fill a box for 2 dollars  sale this week... I guess I will  have to go  and see what I can find, anyway! 
On my tv:::  
I am enjoying the Spring Baking Competition and other   food network  shows..  and I  love  Netflix on which  my favorite is  Foyle's War.
"Michael Kitchen (Out of Africa) stars in this universally acclaimed mystery as DCS Christopher Foyle, investigating crimes on the home front during WWII and, later, counterintelligence threats at the dawn of the Cold War. Also starring Honeysuckle Weeks, Anthony Howell, and a host of fantastic guest stars, the series boasts superb acting, uncompromising historical accuracy, and compelling mysteries that make it "a triumph from start to finish"


Looking forward to::

Our tour of Virginia Military Institute  coming up in  a few weeks....

We will be there for the  military  tattoo on the drill field.
On my to do list:::
laundry....decorating.... stop by church to sign up a bus for  a  Sunday School trip .... shoppping at  garden shop
marketing..... vacuuming...dusting....library trip.... 
prophetic Bible Study
dinner with friends

Recipe I'm interested in trying:  I saw  them make this on the kitchen last week and it looked so delish!
Flatbread Arugula Pizza with grapes
Brie and fruit pair wonderfully together.....topping them together on pizza is even more amazing. The cheese is able to melt and the grapes add a burst of sweetness and the thin, grilled crisp crust of the flatbread provides the perfect delivery. Grilled Grape Brie and Arugula Flatbread Pizza recipe at TidyMom.net:

Produce

  • 1 Arugula
  • 1 Grapes, red seedless
  • 1 Rosemary, fresh or dried

Baking & Spices

  • 1 Sea salt

Bread & Baked Goods

  • 1 Pre-made flatbread pizza crust

Dairy

  • 1 Blue cheese
  • 1 Brie cheese, thinly slice
Brie and fruit pair wonderfully
together.....topping them together on
pizza is even more amazing. The cheese
is able to melt and the grapes add a
burst of sweetness and the thin, grilled
crisp crust of the flatbread provides the
perfect delivery. Grilled Grape Brie and
at TidyMom.net

Looking around the house:::

Just a shot at the dining room sideboard...  I  am  thrilled that my  shamrocks are doing so well...  a first for me, I do think!!!

From the camera:::
 A quick look at  sweet  Birdie..always ready to take a ride.. but  hey, Sweetums,,  we have to  put you in the carseat!!!!
Oh, how I love my girls!


In my garden...

Deer Stop Netting

I believe this netting will do the trick!!

In my kitchen... 
planning on  making  barbecued  boneless pork ribs
Tip..  I  braise the loin strips  in  a  slow boil for a few hours until theya re  falling apart then I    put them under  the broiler  with the  sauce until  they begin to blacken!   So  delicious!

A favorite quote/scripture for today...
Trust in the LORD! | Quotes | Pinterest

One of my favorite things...
The road  to see our dears!
Post Script

1 comment:

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~