Monday, April 25, 2016

The Simple Woman Daybook




For Today...

April 25, 2016 
weather outside...
a gorgeous spring day!!!

Outside my window...hubs is enjoying  tending the lawn


I am thinking...
I will be glad when  Wednesday afternoon  comes and my  doctor's appts. are past....

I am thankful...
my prayer  friends.. we met this morning and covered each other and others  of our  acquaintance in  prayers for  their  health, circumstances and protection of the evil one!

I am creating...
to be honest I have no ideas as of yet.... too early in the week I guess!

I am going...
to  the dermatologist and have stitches removed...  but   the other appt could be more serious and I'm praying all is well and I get a good report! It is all  regarding the  great  bump I took to my head  3 weeks ago.

I am wondering...
when  we will finally  get to go to see our granddaughters.  Face time just isn't enough!
 

I am reading...
aw.. my very last Lynn Kurland book.....sigh!

I am hoping...
to  feel much better now that I have finally taken the first step to rejoin the church choir...  After  a year off,  it has been  sort of hard to make the leap,  but  I did go last week and sang Sunday  and even though it was  a bit difficult  and  trying  after  a long  spell of  no breath  support exercise...  hopefully, it will get better soon!

I am learning...
how important it is to  simply trust God!

In my garden...
My  perennials I planted last year are    blooming    and  growing profusely! 

I can't wait til the yarrow blooms it golden yellow!  It is loaded with blooms!


The lavender  is   gorgeous this year!

In my kitchen... 
tonight is  clean out the refrigerator night.. I found  an older cabbage,  a large onion in a  baggie from  the weekend  and some sad broccoli  and    parsley...  so  it  was   stir fry  with a few  cashews tossed in..  very yummy!
I found  3  poor  potatoes in the bin  but  wallah!!!  Roasted fries  with  went  scrummy with   the   hotdogs!! 
Ok, this is definitely  a home,y  comfy  dindin  so, of course,  we used our  44 year old   melamine  we bought at the PX  in 1972...   Our go to  dinnerware when it is the two of us!!! 

A peek into one of my days... 

Ive probably read more in the last 2 months  than I have in the previous 2 years...  so  lying  on the bed on our new  natural foam mattress reading  Lynn Kurland's books  has been a luxury I have allowed myself  in the months when I just haven't felt up to par!!!

source  found online

One of my favorite things...
is  music...  all day long...  and all my favorites at that!
Pandora!


Post Script


1 comment:

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~