Monday, April 11, 2016

The Simple Woman Daybook




For Today...

April 11, 2016 
weather outside...
56 degrees with a high of 72... spring is back!!!!

Outside my window...


The sun is shining and the tulips are rejoicing!!
I am thinking...
how excited we are that our daughter and her family are experiencing the thrill of purchasing their first home/yard/ lawn! It is so great to hear them strategizing landscaping and the purchasing power for needed furniture... this is a wonderful time in their lives.. And Hubs and I are anxious to be helpful... I particularly want to hold my precious little ones while the rest do what they need to do! heheheheh

I am thankful...
God's tender mercies that are new every morning... jsut the same wonders that fall on us... Thank you, Lord!!!!
I am creating...

to be honest I have no ideas as of yet.... too early in the week I guess!

I am going...
to 2 doctors this week... I chipped a molar last week.. bah!!! Want the dentist to check that out... and the dermatologist checkup.

I am wondering...
if the sublingual immunotherapy spritzes under my tongue in place of my allergy shots are going to work.. I know one thing... it tastes terrible!!!! Oh, the things we must do in this life!

I am reading...
I am still enjoying the Lynn Kurland series of Time Travel books...Three left... reading them more and more slowing... savoring.. hahahaha


I am hoping...
to get together with my gal pals soon.. it seems everyone has been scattered... either with vacations or illness or operations... but things are finally settling down.... I really do want to have a spring tea... soon! Now there is something to create!!
I am learning...
the discipline of contentment....

In my garden...
The hydrangeas are planted and growing... we have to put boxes over them on the weekend due to the hard freeze... the planter by the door is planted and looking good. And I have been thinking about how I can incorporate more fairy gardens around the house...While we were traveling through Lancaster last week I was on the lookout for fairy garden items and found the cutest new fairies to add to my collection... I consider this my long range project and it will evolve just as it is supposed to.... I like that better than rushing out and spending a ton of money all at once...I really feel that it gives the Lord a place in it for blessing me with surprises along the way.. he is a great Father that way!



In my kitchen... 
I have my macarons silpat-like sheet ready to go and hope to practice making macarons this week... They will be a tea party staple! 

A favorite quote/scripture for today...

"The sun was warm but the wind was chill. 

You know how it is with an April day. 

When the sun is out and the wind is still, 

You're one month on in the middle of May. 

But if you so much as dare to speak, 

a cloud come over the sunlit arch, 

And wind comes off a frozen peak, 

And you're two months back in the middle of March." 

- Robert Frost, Two Tramps in Mud Time, 1926 

A peek into one of my days... 

last week we were in Lancaster, Pa and one day our bus took us to A Stumptown roadside market .. we were excited to purchase a few soft piping hot, buttery homemake pretzels..



Hubs left the bag with me and I went around to enjoy the barnyard critters... when all of a sudden they all came running over to me as if to say,, "You got something good???"

I think they were conditioned for visitors!


They had a dispenser of corn feed nearby but I didnt want to get that on my hands,    but who could deny such sweet faces?


This handsome fellow took my heart right away so I broke open Hub's pretzel and started breaking off bits to toss out to the crew... Those birds were ravenous and didnt share one bit... poor Billy was a bit slow on the uptake..


So I had to bend way down and pass my hand through the slats of the railing and feed him hand to mouth... aw... it was so sweet.. goat kisses on one's hand are treasures to be sure! 

And poor Hubs had one less pretzel when we got home... well, I did forebear and gave him mine... I did get the thrill of the feeding, after all.. this was a special surprise on our trip!!


One of my favorite things...

One thing I found that I absolutely love are grazing sheep in the meadow,... I discovered this in Ireland..


I mean what views..

But we can find lovely pastorale views here, as well!!!



Post Script

I tend to agree with this ideal 



“To my mind, the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being.” 


God created us all for His own purposes!
We are the sheep of His pasture, after all.




2 comments:

  1. What a lovely blog! I really enjoyed reading your Daybook. I have always wanted to visit Lancaster and go to a lot of the Amish shops, etc. Oh, and to visit Ireland! That would be a treat indeed! Please be sure and post pictures of your tea party when you have it. I do hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~