Tuesday, June 28, 2016

The Simple Woman Day Book

For Today~ June 28, 2016



Looking out my window... 
it is  a coolish  gray,  but humid  morning


I am thinking..
I can not wait for the Budget Blind guy to call and come  to measure my windows....
I  cant wait to get this  project completed.
Image result for blue bedroom with plantation shutters
online source
I am thankful... 
for God's  faithfulness and love... just when I needed it most.. this last week a stranger... actually, the  prayer coordinator for Intercessors for America in DC called me out of  her whole list  of people all over the country to ask me if she could pray for me...God's timing in this is  awesome and so loving... I cry as I remember  it.
Image result for crying over God's goodness

I am wearing...
my aqua shirt with  side tie  and brown  Bermuda shorts... 

I am creating... 
a  less cluttered living space throughout the home.. I keep a goodwill  pile going...  took  prob 30 pounds of stuff yesterday!!  yayayaya!

I am watching...
last night I started  a new series on Netflix.. The Chef's Table....  what a great show...

"In this original docu-series, find out what’s inside the kitchens and minds of the international culinary stars who are redefining gourmet food."
I am reading...


Jesus Speaks  by  Steven Scott....  a daily devotional  that is changing my heart and mind's attitude as I  abide in Christ's own words!  It has  encouraged me  to keep  a daily journal which is such a powerful tool for  applying His word to our hearts!
Jesus Speaks: 365 Days of Daily Guidance and   Encouragement Straight from the Words of Christ  -     By: Steven K. Scott

I am listening to... 
Pandora...

                                       Seacht Suailci' Na Maighdine Muire

a very soulful Celtic  songstress  and  musician..  I  am so  inspired my all things Celtic!

I am hoping... 
that all of my family up north  is  finally over the stint of  very  bad colds  they  experienced late last week  for they are moving into their new home tomorrow...

I am anxious to see my  sweet  grand babies out playing  in their  beautiful yard!

I am learning... 
I loved   our host's answer  at  the Simple Woman....  so true...just  what I am learning about faith..  you  can not have true faith  unless  you are  abiding in and obeying the Word of God.. otherwise  you are operating in self and  your own power..  Oh, how I need Jesus in all of my circumstances!

In the kitchen... 
Tonight it will be left overs from last night's  cookout..  yayaya we have  wonderful hamburgers and  corn on the cob left over....  toss up and salad and  wallah.. it is dinner!

In the garden... 
it is  summer..  time of lilies of all kinds in the garden...
 photo july2010014.jpg
 photo july2010016.jpg photo summerfun059.jpg
 photo Jumeshots031.jpg
 photo summershots023.jpg
 photo springyard006_1.jpg
 photo LateJune2012022.jpg
Board Room
Coffee Time:
shared from my pinterest board 

                                                                Saved from

                                                                 jeremiahboehner.com



Shared Quote
Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud. - Maya Angelou

A moment from my day...



We don't look too worse for wear  after  an 8 hour drive across New England last week..as we  were  coming home from the kids...  ah.. a nice  relax  in the Poconos!

Closing Notes
We just do not realize how much we  depend on technology....  on our trip my  newish smart phone died...  thankfully under warranty..  but  Ive been without it  now for over a week and I have no idea when I shall get my replacement..  Argh!  Add to that  my only other  small  techno device is a 5 year old android that is on it's last leg...  argh!  
  I think the Lord is teaching me  a very  important  thing about time spent on line!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Schotzy, this is my first visit to your blog. I found you by way of the Simple Woman's Daybook.

    Wow, your touch from God through that person's phone call was amazing. I am reminded that God often touches our lives through other people.

    Your kids' house is beautiful. That backyard is awesome. I hope they will have many years of happiness and laughter there.

    Love the Maya Angelou quote!

    Blessings on your day,
    Patti @ Embracing Home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patti, thank you so much for your morning visit.. I have shared taht testimony a few time this past week knowing that when the Lord puts someone on our mind or heart it is a good thing to give them a call and check up on them... I beleive it is definitely God's way of loving that person through us! Hope youa re having a marvelous holiday and God bless!

      Delete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~