Monday, May 15, 2017

The Simple Woman Day Book

For Today~ May 15, 2017




 Out my window... 
Sun, sun, sun!!!

I am thinking...
about how wonderful my Mother's Day Saturday was....  one of those impromptu days  with nothing planned,   but  it ended up being  completely  wonderful  and encompassed  a  quarter of our state!!!
This  gorgeous view across the Shenandoah Valley to the  Blue Ridge Mountains  was    taken from Milmont Nursery's parking lot  in Stuart's Draft, Va.  This area is known for its  Amish  farms  and  pristine beauty!

 The nursery was in full swing with Mother's Day shoppers.. and they  were in grand supply...!   Gorgeous!!!


I am thankful..
for my dear husband  who at this moment is mowing  our  .75 of an acre... and he really doesn't exactly feel like it.. I wish  he could be  persuaded to  wait until  another day...   but alas,  the temps will only be hotter  later in the week..    This is the part I don't like about   this age!!  Thankfully,  he just stopped  and will finish on another day!!!
I am wearing...
blue  dress carpi's,  and  new  blue and  white  top... We had a church meeting earlier... 

I am watching.....
The Great British Baking Show..on BBC (Netflix)
Image result for great british cooking show

I am  reading...
need to get back into   the Jan Karon book  I almost started last week..
Some where Safe with Somebody Good


I am listening to...
Pandora..   Scottish  melodies!

I am hoping...
to set up the  bathroom plumbing and  tiling job  this week  with  the plumber we  finally have  found...
Related image


I am learning...
that  God has my back,,  all the time!!!

In the kitchen...
today  I am delighted that  we were able to pick up   Hub's  free  bbq from    Mission BBQ  because  of his military service...and  we  bought  enough  of  my favorite,  brisket,  for  dinner  tonight as well!!  YAYYAYAA



Absolutely the best bbq around anywhere!!!!

In my garden~
the  spring blooming   shrubs  have   finished  and now it is  the potted  plants  that are trying to  take hold...
but the  radiant yarrow and     Knock Out Roses  are  shining!





Shared Quote
A trio of quotes by  C.S. Lewis
I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
I have found a desire within myself that no experience in this world can satisfy; the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.

Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: What! You too? I thought I was the only one.

Closing Notes
God bless you all and  enjoy  these  beautiful late May Days!

1 comment:

  1. wow pretty pictures of the valley!

    make sure dad stays hydrated!!! :[D
    -a

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~