Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Wednesday Hodge Podge

Click the icon  to return to Joyce's.

1. What makes you feel accomplished? Explain.It dawns on me  that this far into retirement  I can't remember    the feeling...  it seems everything is so  streamlined now  it is  just do enough...unless  I have pointedly  set  out to  prepare an amazing meal  for  a dinner party  and I actually  got it all done  and it was a hit  with everyone. But  those times are  far and few between these days..years ago  it was  the  positive feedback from one of my patrons  or  a  sweet note from a student  slipped  just under my desk blotter... then I knew that something I had done that day  was  right and  worth  anything that went into  it!!!

2. If you had your own talk show, who would your first three guests be? Tell us why.
Well, I know my talk show would counterpoint the View...so I would want  people of great  moral, patriotic, and  heroic  renown..  perhaps from the  entertainment field.
1)I love  Blue Bloods so I may have the whole cast    to  just talk about their views on the show and  what the main principles were they held dear..  how important it is to be reminded of the  proper standards of living and not to lose sight of them.

2)My show would also highlight great   men and women of faith  and how their faith  has  led them through the  trials of  life...
 perhaps  families like those showcased on the Memorial Day Concert in DC  over the weekend  ..  wounded warriors  and their families.

3)Heroic  young people who have felt  that their  conservative views have been compromised  in the classroom..  and how they stood firm  with the backing of the ACLJ    and  the law  on their sides  in defense of their  principles  even  at the risk of  offending their    teachers/professors... who  should know better than to limit the thinking and  voice of  all of their students.


3. Do you have a great burger recipe? What's in it? What do you like on a hamburger and where is your favorite spot to order one out?
We always  break our  lean ground beef down...  sort of like  meatloaf...  so  once they are cooked   it isn't knotty.  We  then add a bit of  catsup, onion flakes,  salt, pepper,  garlic powder,  and  Worcestershire..   then  we  use the  old  patty  presses  we  bought years ago from  Tupperware so they are standard size and  thickness.  Then    get them a medium grill.. done in the middle..We  will dress our burgers with   lettuce ,  sliced  tomato,  a thin slice of vidalia onion, and  cheese.
For a fast food burger I do like  Junior Whopper... with cheese..I do not care for   those    huge  multi-ingredient  monstrosities so many   of the  pop restaurants  have these days.

4. What's the biggest anxiety producing thing you do on a regular basis?
It used to be  getting up  anywhere to speak to  a group of my peers.  Praise God He has healed me from that one.   Like -wise  I  used to  get pretty anxious going to dentists,  but  the science is so great now,   that doesnt phase me..  I guess it is when I  get weighed in at my regular doctor's office or waiting for my AC1 report to  be  given to me...  I  am so relieved  when it is a good  report. 

5. This is the last Hodgepodge of May. Tell us about your summer plans. 
They start soon...  as we  join a church group trip to  Noah's Ark in KY.  Looking forward to that.  Nothing much  as far as travelling goes.   Our kids come for a visit this summer...  so getting things  ready around the house  is paramount.. We are  taking up  glued down  carpet  upstairs and have purchased lovely  rugs for the  bedroom...  anxious to get those floors  cleaned,  polished, and ready for the  final  application of   beautiful  rugs. Then  finishing touches on  the guest, and  kiddie  rooms  ....  working on my fairy gardens for  my precious   grand tots..  So  coming to  Ga Ga's will be a  great memory for  my family! They haven't been here in  over a year.

6. Insert your own random thought here.
Just thinking of  our grand tots  reminds me  this spring  when  we were there  and  visited the botanical gardens with them....

2 comments:

  1. Oh my . . . your answer to #2 . . . took my breath away! What a lovely, thought-out answer. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Nathalie.. I had to originally skip number 2 and come back to it... I was hard pressed to come up with single personalities.. but certainly my main intent would to be offering "good news" to a dying world!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~