Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Wednesday Hodge Podge


From this Side of the Pond
Click the icon to return to   Joyce's page!
1. What color is prominent in your home? Are you glad about that or wishing you could cover it up or remove it? My  style is  English  cottage style...  my  home is English Tudor..   and for the most part  the  original colors a re  rather  bold.  But  my newer favorite color is pale blue and  turquoise.  So I am adding more and more   of it  this season.!
 a cheery May table
 some    bright  pillows  in the  sun room
and the parlor!!
Upstairs  our master  has been transformed  lately...
  and just yesterday  we   finally  got the new carpet for  the room.....
 Can't wait to get it down!!!

2. What's something you'll NEVER do again?
I'd  have to say   drive across the Dahlgren Bridge!
Image result for dahlgren bridge
Image result for dahlgren bridge
Image result for dahlgren bridge
This bridge has a steel grating   .. no pavement..  so you  can look right down into the Chesapeake Bay.
I am not a fan of bridges  anyway.
This one is bad enough  we have to go across it each time we visit our  daughter..
  Patroon Bridge  across the Hudson  near Albany.
Image result for hudson river bridge on I 90
The  ice / snow salt does a job on this bridge.. it is  so old, there   is no shoulder...  the lanes are narrow!.
I'm  not so afraid of the bridges ... it is  the    fear of other  drivers  who  aren't  paying good  attention!!!  So many  folks  text on I90.
Image result for hudson river bridge on I 90

3. Tell us a couple of ways you fit the stereotypes associated with your gender, and a couple of ways you don't.
I am very intuitive...I consider it a gift  from God.
I  am a very romantic minded person.  Too bad   in my case with  Hubs  opposites certainly   attracted.
I would rather linger around the dining table with the husbands  and  listen to their banter about   yard work and  sports, than  sit with the wives in the kitchen  and listen to them expound the  precious attributes about their dogs.
  I  guess another one would be  I love to be the navigator on our trips...  I  am  very good  with the map.!  and  GPS. heheheh

4. May is Motorcycle Awareness Month. Have you ever owned a motorcycle? Ever ridden a motorcycle? If the opportunity presented itself would you hop on a motorcycle and go for a ride?
NO, NO, and NO!
5. If someone wanted to understand you, what should they read, watch, and listen to?

First of all, I am a  Christian...  and  my    favorite  Bible Scholar is Derek Prince. Most of his teaching is on Youtube.
IN my heart  I believe I'm an old soul. I am not a very modern person.  I  long for the  times of the past. 
I love to read  time travel books like   any of   Lynn Kurland's.
Image result for A Dance Through Time  Image result for this is all i ask lynn kurland
  I  am  a huge anglophile  so  watch  Escape to the Country on You tube or   Netflix.
Escape to the Country
6.  Insert your own random thought here.
 Time to eat breakfast!.. Have a great week! I was just rereading this answer and thought  folks would probably think" what a sleepy head!"    We  get up around 7 usually. and have coffee and  yogurt,  but then  we take turns fixing a more substantial breakfast for  brunch around 11.   Yesterday it was Hubs turn and he made  french toast and bacon..  Yum... We do this  because  usually breakfast has fewer carbs and we both  adore breakfast!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed reading your Wednesday Hodge Podge post, I am old soul too! I don't know if I would have the courage to cross that bridge or not, like you I am not a fan of bridges!
    Your home is beautiful, thank you for sharing!
    I also agree things are winding down, believing that our redemption is drawing near!
    Have a blessed day!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~