Thursday, December 31, 2020

Our Post Christmas Dinner Party~ Thursday Favorite Things

 Today I am   joining along with Amber   at Follow the Yellow Brick Road.

Last night we were  so fortunate to be able to host a small dinner party for 4 best friends. These two couples  attend our church and we have been   socially distancing and wearing our masks  for a  few weeks now and  felt it was safe to  be able to enjoy   the seaon together.

Earlier in the season while shopping at Hobbie Lobbie,  I found these cute  place setting holders  and knew  I had to have them.. The  little country red truck had  captured my attention last Christmas and  always reminded me of  going to grandmas as child, so  these just jumped out at me.  Immediately I had   the  thought of creating a tree farm  on the table  where " shoppers" could  buy their trees and  cart them away.
I was thrilled to find a whole slough of  trees at once at Amazon!  Note, in the center is  my hubby's  cute little  torquoise colored  sedan   he  kept from his childhood. - the perfect size for my  tree farm!

I thought the black buffalo  cloth would    be just right  for the   back drop  and I remembered I had red   checked napkins, so I was in business! I love pairing the   black check with my  black    with the ring of holly  place mats I found at Stein Mart last year.


That move prompted me to substitute  my white plates for the red transfer wear  ones I had  planned.  I like the contrast in tones!
  
And I had  at least 6  of each pattern I purchase.

Our menu was  perfect:
We started with :
 sausage balls witha  hot mustard dipping sauce
Mixed nuts
Homestead Creamery Eggnog (YUM)

Then we sat down to:
Cranberry punch/water
cabbage winter salad with cranberries and walnuts and a  homemade honey mustard dressing
roasted pork tenderloin
fresh cooked green beans with country ham
potato stacks  with gruyere chesse and bacon
blueberry crisp with vanilla ice cream
You might be wondering what the canisters were for?  Those canisters went right along with the theme so I had to have them,  as  a vehicle to    for sharing treats with my friends!
This is  our great band of buddies1    Always a great time with  these special friends!!
I like to retire to the parlor between dinner and dessert!


It was to balmy   yesterday for fire,  but    the  conversation was  still  wonderful!
I k now a lot of folks a re  starting to get their decorations down and put away if they havent already.  Not me.  I believe in  going straight through to Epiphany, January 6th.  I get my  best holiday   revival  in  during the post Christmas days when I can sit by a fire, listen  to carols and  contemplate  what has gone   behind us and what is  coming  upon us.    I  have all my  getting ready  and cooking behind me and   now it is all JOY!

5 comments:

  1. Such beauty!How charming your home is!Gorgeous table and stunning plates.Sweet and happy post.Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute table setting! I got those same cans and put gift cards in them for a few of my kids. Nice that you had fun with your friends. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your name tag holders are adorable! I love them. Your home looks so beautiful! Happy New Year!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you set your tables. It looks like a great dinner and lots of fun. I hope you have a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful dinner party! So much fun! I love the little red truck decor and the Christmas tree farm! So much fun!! Makes me wish I lived closer and we were those kind of friends!! LOL. Your menu sounds divine. Did you prepare all of that food yourself? Amazing! I know what you mean about relaxing now and enjoying the tree and decorations until Jan. 6th. That is exactly how I feel. I am not in a hurry to go through all the mess of cleaning up and putting it all away just yet. I want to savor the memories a little longer. This past month has been rather stressful for me in preparation for Christmas, and now I just want to relax and enjoy. I am glad to know we are kindred spirits in this department! Have a blessed and wonderful New Year!!! I'm so glad we met in 2020. That was a plus!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~ I am so happy to have my return comments to you restored!

Farewell

 After  17 years of   blogging  I am  pretty sad to  just fade  out  with  hardly  anyone showing any   farewell,  concern  about my  surger...