Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Wednesday Hodge Podge

From this Side of the Pond
Hosted by Joyce!
1. Tell us about your favorite moment or share one of the bright spots from the year we're leaving behind. 

Anything that has to do with this! We found a new church in 2019 and joined later that year.There are so many things to  love about our new fellowship..  It is  loving,  inclusive,  the teaching is dynamic and timely.  
 Our young pastor  works so hard   and this covid year  posed many new obstacle before him, yet he persevered and sailed through them  victoriously!
https://vimeo.com/492876388
He   teaches three times a week, both in person, live on you tube, and   by zoom.  He  has weekly words of encouragement  like the link I  copied above.
And he is a professor at Liberty University..   But it is his heart and humility that draws  people to him... We all just love our little church!!
And I  think it is  so beautiful inside and out. .. very olde English!

I love the way the sunlight comes through the windows.  One really feels  the Presence of God here in through the   teaching of  this  wonderful church!

2. What do you wish you'd known at the start of 2020? Elaborate. 2020started out so poorly for me  ...  I was  suffering from torn meniscuses,  doing therapy, and learning to walk.. then the shingles set in    for 6 weeks,  then   a horrible  intestinal    upset that led to dehydration that led to  a terrible onset of gout.  Then my shoulder was impinged  and I  had another round of therapy..  these things lasted   through June..  and   I  was  so focused on getting better  I paid little attention to covid... I suppose I can  be thankful for it in one  way...  Our  daughter's family and we  had planned for a couple of years to tour Ireland in July  and  all was arranged and paid for  prior to  co-vid.. I suppose I am glad  that since I  was so  out of shape and    immune compromised  I'm glad we didn't get to go...  God  is good  even in co-vid..  But    I  have to    say  that  God is even good in co-vid   because of the separation and  self sacrifice    which is something each believer actually needed,  to  draw closer to God and   grow in our faith...  He used  it  for His purposes...  I  don't know that  being comprised of what was to come in 2020 befroe hand would have done me any good.  Taking each day as it  comes is best for me. 

3. Best book you read this year? If you did not read any books this year, what's the best thing you ate all year? We've all eaten, right?   A re-read of   Ann Voskamp's book, 1000 Gifts.  I absolutely love it and it prompts me to be much more intentional in my days to    see  God's hand in all things ...

4. The Pantone Colors of the year for 2021 are ultimate gray and illuminating yellow (a bright shade)...are you a fan? Would we find either of these colors in your home or wardrobe? 
I am very tired of the   decorator's choice of gray every where...  not  that much of a fan. I suppose  it is wise to  pair with with a bright yellow...  but I would never do a room in these two colors.  I have been known to wear  gray slacks with a yellow sweater.

5. If you were/are making a list of 21 things to do/accomplish in 2021 what is one thing that would be on it? 
Well, I used my new word  in another  answer.  My word for 2021 is  Intentional
 and I  need to be intentional in so many areas.  My eating habits, my exercise habits,  my journalling,  my   home purging, my Bible Study, my water color painting.  I fully intend  to    get  some priorities in my life.  Year 2020    did me no favors!

6. Insert your own random thought here.I am having a dinner party tonight   and  am looking forward  seeing our  beat  2 couple friends  agin.  We  do atttend church    with  masks and    a great deal of    social distancing   ( only about 12  people are  attending in person,  so I feel  safe having them over.  I know they    only  go  for  groceries  otherwise..   We are having a lovely  roasted  pork tenderloin,  layered potatoes, a recipe my daughter gave me,    wointer salad and freshly snapped green beans  with rolls,  and then   a blueberry crisp  and ice cream for dessert.

4 comments:

  1. I like your word for 2021.. Intentional.
    I too like Ann Voskamp.
    Happy New Year!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my you really had a tough time for a stretch. Hope all is healing and getting better for you. That is wonderful to have a good church. Your dinner party tonight sounds delicious and I'm sure it will be enjoyable! Enjoy and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year!

    The stained glass windows are pretty. I have enjoyed the book 1000 gifts as well. Enjoy your dinner party, sounds like a yummy meal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dinner sounds delightful! I hope all went well. I am sure your friends appreciated and enjoyed it very much. Yes, I would say your year did not start out too well, but God still used that time to minister to you and I am sure through you as well. I understand that...started my year last year with major surgery, and the "covid time" was my recuperation time as well, so it just made it easier for me to be able to stay at home and get the rest and recuperation my body needed. But after that, I was raring to go. So glad you have found a good church that you love. We also moved to a different church a couple of years ago, and actually literally MOVED to the community we now live in because of that church. We are so thankful for our church family and pastor. I love your word intentional. That sounds very thought provoking and it will be interesting to see how God uses it in your life this year. I also am tired of GRAY everywhere. To me it is a depressing color for walls, furniture, everything! I don't do much yellow either, although I love yellow flowers and sunshine, just not on me. LOL. Have a blessed and wonderful New Year. God has wonderful things in store for us in 2021 if we just pay attention!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~ I am so happy to have my return comments to you restored!

Farewell

 After  17 years of   blogging  I am  pretty sad to  just fade  out  with  hardly  anyone showing any   farewell,  concern  about my  surger...