Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Tuesday 4

Hosted by Annie!

 Welcome to Tuesday 4 the legacy of Toni Taddeo, kept in her honor and memory.

Let's discuss tea parties.

1. Do you invite people over for coffee or tea? Oh, yes,  especially tea parties..  I love them!!!

2.  Entertaining is a good way to serve others. The bible encourages it in talking about  how to be a good person:

Isaiah 58: "“Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen:to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke? Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter— when you see the naked, to clothe them, and not to turn away from your ownflesh and blood? " 

 Do you entertain often?  I try to, even though  it hasn't been as often,  as I get older, as I'd like.  But  I am planning a get together for December.  I had a crowd one  Christmas... it was  wonderful!  We  had tables all over the house!!!




3. What kind of refreshments do you offer to guests?  Well,  in my tea parties  I like to  make  scones,  Devonshire cream,  tea sandwiches,   fruit of some kind , and of course various types of tea..  I prefer  leaf tea  strained  through  a strainer..   My very favorite  tea  was  held  with me and my sweetheart granddaughters!





I, also, love tea for me!
In December though I am planning a dinner for the two couples  with which we attend church... 

4. Do you enjoy tea and/or coffee? How do you take it?For a tea party, of course, we serve  hot tea, sometimes using tea bags  for variety but one leaf tea pot is always available. I have cream available,  but I prefer no cream in my tea.  For dinner  I serve iced tea,  and have coffee with  dessert. 






8 comments:

  1. Ah, you sound a lot like me...I love to have people over to our house, but this pandemic has put a damper on that. Looking forward to doing more entertaining next year, (please, Lord?). I do love tea and tea parties. I also do not put cream in my tea, only a spoon of sugar or honey in hot tea, and prefer my iced tea unsweet. We live in the south, and we drink a lot of iced tea. The family all wants sweet, so I have to pour mine out first and then sweeten the pitcher! LOL. I hope you have a nice dinner with your friends this month! That is very nice to do!! It's so nice to be invited to dinner at someone's home. It is becoming a lost art. We seem to go out to dinner with friend more often as it is so much easier than having to clean and cook, but we miss out on the personal touch of being in a home. Thank you for doing that!!! You are a blessing to others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do sound a lot alike. Unlike you I do like a hint of sweetness in my iced tea, so, I order half and half when we go out. Hospitality is such an important part of community. I wish in my life I had done more. I love the traditions that occur in friend circles around hospitality. For example, one of our best friends always has a group of friends in for a pot luck cook out over Memorial Day or July the Fourth. It is always something to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, your grand daughters look like angels in those hats! and I love the photo of you with them at the table. Thank you for joining in. I enjoyed your answers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doing a tea party with the girls was a dream a grandma hopes dear in her heart. I wish I wasn’t such an old Gaa Gaa! But hopefully, we have more tea parties in our future.

      Delete
  4. Aw, the tea party pics are so cute and I love the hats! And I LOVE your teaset! Is that Blue Willow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, Jen! Oh, I am not fastidious enough to have a complete tea set. I am a collector of things that strike my fancy. I love to find blue, red, black, and green transfer ware in consignment shops and antique stores. I am a mix and match kind of girl. Those blue dishes you see are some I found on Etsy for a song. A set of Six cups, saucers and I got six salad plates from Replacements . They are in the pattern of Finlandia. I think they are very pretty especially for morning! Have a lovely day and rest of your week!

      Delete
  5. Your granddaughters are the perfect tea party guests. They are delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for stopping by, I have been fighting bronchitis sorry delay in stopping by. enjoyed your answers beautiful granddaughters

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~ I am so happy to have my return comments to you restored!

Farewell

 After  17 years of   blogging  I am  pretty sad to  just fade  out  with  hardly  anyone showing any   farewell,  concern  about my  surger...