Merry Little Christmas
Thank you for joining in for Tuesday 4, begun by Toni Taddeo and kept in her memory.
Christmas is fast approaching for millions of people...
1. Do you have a favorite Christmas carol and if so is there a
particular version you especially like?
I really had to think about this because I love carols so much,
but truthfully, every time the Piano Guys play just about
anything , I have to stop what I’m doing and give my whole
attention while I groove right along with them.
2.Do you have a special dinner for the holidays? What foods are
included? This year I am actually baking my very first ham.
Mom always did the ham, then it was Amanda at her house,
so this year, I’m determined to bake it all by myself. I will
have baked apples, sweet potatoes and roasted asparagus.
3.Holiday movies ... which do you like to watch? I love vintage
movies at Christmas, even the black and white ones. So far
I’ve seen Beyond Tomorrow, on YouTube. Loved that one.
I will also enjoy White Christmas on Christmas!
4. What traditions do you continue to keep year after year
for the holidays?Most of our traditions have gone with the
people who have gone before us.. So our new traditions are
to get together over the holidays as we are able and plan
the same foods we have always had over the holidays..
Our daughter does tweak recipes and menus that are
appropraite for her family and when she is hosting we are
excited to enjoy her changes.. that is what families are all
about..engaging the holidays with bits of the past and
new ideas for the future!!
Oh, baked apples sound good, and sweet potatoes and I've never roasted asparagus before. I wonder how you do that? I love asparagus, but just don't know how to roast it. I usually steam it. I hope your ham turns out really well. I love baked ham, but we are having a ham loaf, which my daughter in law will bake using my grandmother's recipe, but she also tweaks it a bit. It's a family tradition. I hope you have a blessed and wonderful Christmas.
ReplyDeleteMy father-in-law taught me to put the ham in the oven before I went to bed on Christmas Eve and let it slow cook all night at 200-225 degrees. It makes it so tender and juicy. If you like it even more juicy and flavorful...cook it in one of those roasting bags. So good and easy to clean up! Whatever you do, have a blessed and Merry Christmas!
ReplyDelete