Saturday, January 9, 2010

Angels


For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;

Psalm 91:11

As we look forward into this new year... with all the war, pestilence, bad news on the horizon it is comforting to know that God has prepared in advance to watch out for us as we face each new day. I love the sense of angels about me, as I drive on the interstate, as I take the laundry to the basement, with every step I take... I know that angels are with me.. His hedge of protection about me in my comings and goings...

So when I started to think about what Id like to collect.. I knew it had to be angels... and what better ones that Jim Shore's
gorgeous art! Actually, I hadnt heard of Jim Shore until Dot and Gerri gave me my first one last year for my birthday... the Bluebird angel.. seen along with a beautiful one Lynn just gave me for Christmas , the tea angel.

Then I am so thrilled with this gorgeous angel in flight ...

She is the Psalm 118 angel... I love how the light filters through the stained glass window... the gentle arches and graceful upturned hands... exquisite!
I love their comforting presence on my mantel reminding me that God's eyes and loving presence are with me every moment!

God bless my wonderful friends, Dottie and Gerri for introducing me to these delightful angels....you truly are the real blessings ..... and angels to me!

3 comments:

  1. You have a lovely collection. I never thought to collect angels....think I might start. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your angels are beautiful! I like them, too, and definitely believe God is keeping His angels around His faithful.
    Stacey <><

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful angels Schotzy! I just love them! I believe in Angels and feel them around me all of the time. I might start collecting these angels as well. Thanks so much for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~