Wednesday, January 20, 2010

You've Got Mail Reading Challenge

Photobucket
To learn more about this challenge please click HERE .

Just to reiterate...
The challenge runs from January 1, 2010 to December 31, 2010 and you may join at any time. You may overlap with other challenges. There is no set number of authors/books to read. You can choose to read anywhere from one to all from the list below.

Any book by or about the following authors:
Jane Austen
L.M. Montgomery
Maud Hart Lovelace
Noel Streatfeild
Roald Dahl
Kay Thompson
Shel Silverstein
E.B. White
Beatrix Potter
Dr. Suess
Ludwig Bemelmans
Mario Puzo
George Bernard Shaw
Thomas Jefferson


As a retired elementary teacher, of course, I am already taken by Roald Dahl, his children's as well as more mature fiction.... and of course, Potter, Silverstein, Suess and E.B. White are favorites. As an incurable romantic I continue to return to Austen and Montgomery to satisfy my heartstrings! I am challenged by the rest of this list and look forward to new discoveries!!!

4 comments:

  1. Maud Hart Lovelace is from Mankato, MN, & her home is open to the public. She was a personal friend of one of my elementary teachers. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just for clarification,,, the above comment was actually penned by my dear friend, Jan, anonymously but due to a mistaken spam ware comment that got moderated I had to redo this post and resubmit the comment. Unfortuantely the spam has put something on my computer, I do believe! Get behind me, Satan.... you have no place here! But the blood of Jesus, get out of my blog and this space in Jesus name!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Schotzy; Sounds like some good reading going on.. I will have to think about this,,, challenge.. I love to read love Jane Austin's books...

    Hugs;
    Alaura

    ReplyDelete
  4. I apologize for the delay in responding but I am so glad you will be joining the challenge. I am especially grateful to elementary teachers who introduced me to such authors as Dahl and Silverstein. Don't forget to check out the January event...it may appeal to your romantic side:) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~