Monday, January 11, 2010

The Simple Woman Daybook

FOR TODAY... from Carolyn's Daybook

Outside my window... it is 18 degrees but still this morning. The sun promises to shine and warm us to around 40 today... a regular heatwave!!

I am thinking... it would be lovely to rid myself of this prolonged sinus headache!

I am thankful for... my dear husband, I really dont know what I would do without him!

I am wearing... jeans, red sweater, and fleece pullover

I am remembering... my Bible verse we will be sharing this morning at First Place, "Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you!"
Matthew 6:33


I am going... to be leading the Bible study this morning at church for First Place, then I hope to be fitted into the Ear, Nose and Throat doctor's schedule today..

I am currently reading... Bible: Matthew ; Lynn Kurland's, Till There Was You: First Place Bible Study; Beth Moore's , Jesus, The One and Only Bible Study

I am hoping... to find the thermometer... why is that little implement so hard to keep up with around our house???!!!

On my mind... I am thinking of getting back into my oil painting.... the beautiful bird calendar my secret pal, Teddy, gave me inspires me to want to paint birds again!!!

Noticing that... my new Neutrogena face cream is really helping!

Pondering these words... James 3:18 Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness.

From the kitchen... today is a great day to make a huge pot of homemade veggie beef soup!

Around the house... today I really need to do several loads of laundry and change some decor in the dining room. I'm beginning to think about valentine's day....ummmm.

One of my favorite things... I love Lynn Kurland's fiction.... I am so excited to have her latest book, Till There Was You!
From my picture journal...
Photobucket
Photobucket
With spring right around the corner.. it's time to start thinking about picking out another Select Registry Bed and Breakfast... with our new GPS won't it be fun to choose a cosy little inn off the beaten track! Pictured above is our inn,,Brierly Hall, in Lexington we stayed at last March for our anniversary. I love tradition!

Visit Peggy for more SWD!

3 comments:

  1. I'm making your chicken pot pie- a good hot cooked meal for a chilly night!

    love you and talk to you later,
    a

    ReplyDelete
  2. I caught up on my reading here and loved the music! Very peaceful site, and such a pretty woman. Loved your pics from years past.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vegetable Beef Soup would hit the spot here. It is so cold outside tonight.

    Have a cozy evening!

    Gina

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~