Saturday, January 9, 2010

Simply Saturday


Photobucket
Today is quite simply a very slow and peaceful day.... perfect for taking down the tree and regrouping around the house! Precious Lynn was up early and preparing coffee and french toast along with crispy sausage, just the way we love it! Ummmmm! Just the impetous I needed to strip the tree and take down the garlands. All boxed now and ready for storing it just feels wonderful, and here it is 10:14 in the morning. I dont know what else the day holds in store, but at 21 degrees and wind outside.. I'm perfectly happy to continue n this cosy simple mindset and let the day unfold gracefully!

Thanks for the inspiration for this post to my dear friend Gina!

3 comments:

  1. Your day sounds lovely! And I soooo miss breakfast sausage. In the land of sausages over here, they are basically all the same, and none of them taste the way I'm used to from the South. Jimmy Dean, where are you? We spent a frustrating day food shopping, but all the shelves are empty because the trucks have not made it up this far due to the weather. Except that the weather is truly no big deal... hardly any snow and temps in the 30s Fahrenheit, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Sigh...

    Blessings to you and yours, and I hope your day was as lovely as your morning!

    Stacey <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're enjoying much of the same. Josh made me a wonderful hot breakfast and the dishes are all done too! It's in the twenties here, but sunny out, so we shoveled our walk and deck and are putting our Christmas things away. Hope you and Dad enjoy the rest of the weekend together!

    Love you!
    amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy all that God has for your today, and my the peace of it continue in your hearts and minds thoughout.

    Walking with HIM,
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~