Monday, January 4, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

January 4th, 2010

FOR TODAY... from Carolyn's Daybook

Outside my window...a bitterly cold and windy dawn

I am thinking... how swiftly the holidays flew by and I can hardly believe that the new year has begun... back to the regular routine...

I am thankful for... all the little things that grace each day... small kindnesses,
Photobucket
simple courtesies...
Photobucket
God's surprising, tiny bundles of beauty ...
Photobucket


I am wearing... jeans, white turtleneck, witha pullover sweater for warmth!!!

I am remembering... what a fabulous Christmas we enjoyed with the family!

I am going... to church soon as we begin a new session of First Place for health Bible Study

I am currently reading... I am starting the Bible read through in a year. I begin Matthew chapter 10 today, also, David Jeremiah's Escape the Coming Night.

I am hoping... to lose about 50 pounds this year

On my mind... the many myriad resolutions I have tumbling around in my head. In an upcoming post I will share them..... I know you are not supposed to have so many it is impossible to keep, but our pastor shared these with us and challenged us to consider them and they are so good... well, I am inspired to take the challenge. The list will be up soon!

Noticing that... the snow from over 2 weeks ago seems to be lying around waiting for a fresh snowfall to come.... ummmm!


Pondering these words...
In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy. ~William Blake


From the kitchen... well, I bought a 14 pound ham for Christmas... and I think we only ate about 2 pounds of it.... anything with ham all week long... I know freeze it, but it just doesnt taste the same to me... I am giving about half of it to mom and dad!

Around the house... straighten up, put gifts away, write thank you notes... yes, I am behind on this one!

One of my favorite things ... enjoying having the kids home for Christmas!
Photobucket
From my picture journal...
Photobucket

Just a bit of joy we experienced over the holiday!
For more SWD visit Peggy!

2 comments:

  1. Just popped over from the Daybook linky, and I loved my visit. I especially enjoyed the picture of the squirrel tying himself in knots to get at the birdfood - so funny! Hope you have a great week.

    Best wishes,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your daybook! It's cold here in my section of VA, too! I look forward to coming back to visit you again. Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! God is good!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~