Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Ruby Tuesday

Photobucket
For more  reds visit our host, Mary.. Always a blogging treat to visit her site!
According to one of my favorite Bible Scholars, Bob Sorge, from his book Secrets of the Secret Place

"One of the best kept secrets of the faith is the blessedness and joy of cultivating a secret life with God. Imagine the sheer delight of it even now. You're tucked away in a quiet nook, the door is shut, you're curled up in  a comfortable position; the living Word of God is opened before you' Jesus himself stands at your side; The Holy Spirit is gently washing your heart;your love is awakened as you meditate upon the gracious  words of His mouth; your spirit is ignited and your mind is renewed; you talk to Him; and He talks to you in the language of intimate friendship......   so shut the door and met the father who is graciously awaiting you there!"

When I was looking for red in my home this morning  I realized no better  place than where I was sitting... in my secret place...  which Id love to share with you..
Soon after I read Sorge's book a few years ago I realized I needed to designate an special place in my home for my secret place to go and grow in intimacy with the Lord .   I had recently received a most special gift from my art teacher,, the last piece she ever created,,,   this amazing oil of the Cloisters of Waltham Abbey in the south of England.   I already sensed just sitting in the  chair beneath this wonderful masterpiece that I could feel in my spirit the warmth of sunlight shining down upon through the painting...so it was only natural that this very comfy spot would be the cozy nook.
Photobucket
Situated between two bright windows I could choose whether I preferred  natural or lamplight.
Photobucket

Immediately I tucked  my smallish bookcase in between the chair and wall for easy access to my texts I am studying,  Often times as now, the books are filled to overflowing.. The side table is perfect for collecting the accoutrements of study... the Bible, several marking pens, and of course, my cup of tea.   I found that having a prayer basket handy is  very helpful.  There I keep an assortment of devotionals, journals, note cards, and address book, and  stamps  to write notes to friends and family  for whom I've prayed.
Photobucket
Matthew 6:6  "But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut the door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~