Monday, February 14, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook



Photobucket





FOR TODAY

Outside my window... It is the middle of the afternoon and and the wind is blowing fiercely... the air is so very dry and almost sparkly, but is also almost balmy in its 58 degrees which is very mild fro February





I am thinking... Bible Study this morning was such a blessing.. We studied the fruit of the Spirit... joy... our strength in the Lord, and how very important it is to approach every day with hearts filled with thanksgiving and joy...

I am thankful for... my wonderful family, my friends, whom I love and trust and know that love me,, my prayer partners with whom I have learned so much about how to pray and all the pitfalls in our society that seek to rob us of our prayer life...




From the kitchen... nothing!It's Valentines' Day and we are dining at Carrabas tonight and are then off to the Symphony!

I am wearing... I am all in black today except for my new knitted scarf I purchased yesterday at Hotel Roanoke gift shop I love the fluffy quality of this scarf the kind wiht the furry effects and it is scalloped on the ends... very pretty!






I am creating... a new study on the Holy Days of the Old testament and their significance in the Christians life to share with a friend and perhaps with my prayer group







I am going... to be having a rather full week.. Somewhere to go everyday this week this is not too much fun for old home body...

I am reading... A Praying Life, by Paul Miller The Peace Maker by Ken Sande both of these are for bible studies at church! The Peace Maker is for our Sunday night Pastor's study.







I am hoping.... that this evening will be a restful yet joyous occasion for us and our friends as we dine out and then take Dottie with us to the concert. The program will mainly highlight the strings tonight with the following programme:

J.S. Bach - Air on the G String
Mozart - Romance from A Little Night Music
Piazzolla - The Four Seasons of Buenos Aires
* Pärt - Fratres
Grieg - Holberg Suite




I am hearing... the roar of the wind in the bare trees outside my studio window.. It sounds so fierce yet, I hope they a re heralding the coming of spring!




Around the house.... well, I have great plans to get into my spring cleaning... yet I need a bit more inspiration. I am most definitely going to be clearing off the flower beds and looking into planting some pansies soon.




One of my favorite things.... is reading, but I have been rather inundated with reading to do for classes at church this winter and I haven't read a good novel it seems in eons. I am looking forward to some down time just set aside for pleasure reading.




A few plans for the rest of the week:

Monday - Bible study, meet a friend, get ready for and attend dinner and concert

Tuesday- Take mom to the doctor , laundry, study

Wednesday- Take dad to the eye doctor, marketing for two households, study, dinner at church, large group Bible Study

Thursday- Choir/luncheon at church, small group Bible Study in the evening

Friday- let's keep this a secret but for now ...nothing! Yes!

Saturday- prayer in prayer room early perhaps breakfast out with the prayer partners... yard work




Here is a photo Id like to share...

Yesterday when we were leaving Hotel Roanoke and walking to the car... I saw this!!!!



"When daffodils begin to peer,
With the heigh! the doxy over the dale,
When, then comes in the sweet o' the year;
For the red blood reigns in the winter's pale."- William Shakespeare




For the 2011 edition of The Simple Woman's Daybooks visit Peggy here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~