Monday, February 21, 2011

The SImple Woman's Daybook



Photobucket





FOR TODAY

Outside my window... It is  late morning... the temperatures are mild, but a brisk wind makes outside a bit uncomfortable.

  The sky is   a scattered array of all kinds of clouds,  and there is the threat of an afternoon rain on the horizon.





I am thinking... I am glad I did have the forbearance to go outside this morning and clear off the main flower bed.  I do have a sense of accomplishment for having gotten that done today.

I am thankful for... the Holy Spirit's work in my life that helps me in times of struggle and offense to overcome and forgive.. and directs me to correct my attitude and adjust my thinking.. Whatever do folks without the Spirit do with their emotions and their actions?

From the kitchen... I am thinking early spring and the makings a a marvelous  salad are calling to me...

I am wearing... black slacks, red turtleneck..  just plain and simple

I am creating...   it was also great to put the snow village away this morning and clear away the last vestiges of winter in the house...  I am creating a clean slate from which to explore an attitude of spring in each room.
I am going... overt to my mom's house soon to clean the front rooms in preparation of the Wednesday morning Bible study coming there on Wednesday.  I think it is really sweet of them to bring the study to mom this week since she ash been unable to  attend for some time....

I am reading... A Praying Life, by Paul Miller The Peace Maker by Ken Sande both of these are for bible studies at church! The Peace Maker is for our Sunday night Pastor's study.



I am hoping....  to be able to get the chores at mom's done in short time so we can return and enjoy the rest of Lynn's day off.  His next day  won't be until Memorial Day... that seems a terribly long way off.
I am hearing... the roar of the wind in the bare trees outside my studio window.. It sounds so fierce yet, I hope they a re heralding the coming of spring!  This was written last week, but is just  perfect for this moment as well....  Come Spring!!!


Around the house.... I did  the garden cleaned off and the pansies are certainly in my near future...   I have pit all wintry items away and am now very cautiously  adding in a spring element to every room.. I do not wish to be too hasty lest winter play its dirty trick on my parade....

One of my favorite things.... is planning... a decorating project, or a vacation... sometimes just the planning is as much fun as the culmination of the thing...   That's good because sometimes the culmination never happens!

A few plans for the rest of the week:

Monday - chores around the house, meet with pastor and the Benevolent Committee

Tuesday- Laundry marketing  work on Bible Study


Wednesday- allergy shot, Wednesday morning Bible Study

 Wednesday night dinner and    large group  study
Thursday- Sunday School ladies luncheon to plan the year, small group Bible Study in the evening

Friday- ??

Saturday- Meet at Lynne's house to plan future events

Here is a photo Id like to share...

Photobucket

You never know what you might uncover!!!
Photobucket
 First true sign of spring....clearing off the wintry canes of last season's growth!

For the 2011 edition of The Simple Woman's Daybooks visit Peggy here!

1 comment:

  1. Schotzy, I love your share ... enjoy every moment to the fullest. Your spring is a wee bit ahead of ours ... love those buds ...

    Have a beautiful week ~
    TTFN ~
    Hugs,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~