Thursday, February 3, 2011

Tablescape Thursday

Photobucket

Visit Susan   at Between Naps on the Porch for more Tablescape Thursdays.    

I can't believe it has been almost two years since I   posted on this theme.   I love visiting the beautiful posts commemorating life around the dinner table, the amazing  charm of women's creativity to make the home a loving, gracious environment.  It wasn't  until last week when I chanced upon   my new dinnerware at Marshall's that I  have been inspired to share... a bit of something new!

Photobucket

As you can see Im still celebrating    the  majesty of a winter's tale... the statuesque stance of the stag proudly heralding the mid winter's gleam of ice and snow glistening in the golden rays of the low slung sun.  
Photobucket

Photobucket
Fire and ice mingle together to create  a sparkling ambiance  to cheer a dreary rain drenched day...
 and then the gaity and promise of spring filters in ... the olde world charm of these Royal Stafford plates and bowls   strike a magical chord of gladness over the icy landscape..
Photobucket
I dont know the name of this lovely pattern, but to me it should be Rhapsody,, for the full blown rose  laid so gingerly atop the ancient script speaks to a depth of romance that fairly takes one's breath away!
Photobucket
This mid-winter's dream of a table scape conjures up magical  visions of music and romance as we contemplate the coming of valentine's day next week..
Photobucket
Photobucket
 I hope you enjoyed my invitation to dine  with his  Lordship, the laird, and perhaps  there shall be dreams of romance in  your rest this eve!

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Mom!

    Love you,
    a

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful table...the china is lovely. Your centerpieces is stunning. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~