Thursday, February 10, 2011

Tea Talk


1.  My tea cup is filled with the most delightful Earl Grey... so satisfying on this brisk February day
Photobucket

2. I'm  feeling....very happy with the circumstances of my life... my family... my church ... my friends... my prospects....  contentment is a wonderful virtue!
3. On my  mind....  As I enjoy this warming brew, I am contemplating the book,  A Praying Life, by Paul Miller.   One of my all time favorite Bible Scholars writes of this book." Honest, realistic, mature, wise, deep,  Warmly recommended"  Well, that is good enough for me.  I'm just starting into chapter 9  Learning to Trust Again..Understanding Cynicism...  Can't wait to dive in!
4.
Paul Miller writes, in chapter 9...

"When I say that cynicism is the spirit of the age, I mean it is an influence, a tone that permeates our culture, one of the master temptations of our age.. By reflecting on cynicism and defeated weariness, we are meditating on the last petition of the Lord's Prayer: "lead me not into temptation, but deliver me from  the evil one, Matthew 6:13"  


Now you will wish to join Ruth for more  Tea Talk  !

2 comments:

  1. I love your photo--what a beautiful teapot and cup! I just finished my afternoon Earl Grey, yum. Nice to know we "shared" a cup of tea together!

    Blessings,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a refreshing post. Happy Valentine's Day early! This book and author sounds great, I just may have to drink a cuppa myself and grab one of my favorite Emily Barnes devotionals... Quiet time always sets the tone for the day and my week has become very weak, if you know what I mean. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~