Thursday, February 24, 2011

Simple Pleasures

Project Simple Pleasures2

I just discovered this lovely blog, A Collection of This and That by Dayle,   who hosts this great theme each week.  This idea resounded with me because an emphasis in our church right now is the challenge to slow down and breathe.. to live in the moment  and cherish the blessings, great and small that come our way...  One of the simple pleasures in my life is the time I do spend online...  blogging, visiting new places and being inspired and challenged to live better  but also it is the engaging chats I enjoy so much not only with my blogging friends but also the many wonderful friends I have on Face Book who bless me in untold ways....  simply a joyous celebration  of the One Another  theme of scriptures...
  Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Blogging is one of my favorite simple pleasures too, thank you for sharing.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because I spend all day alone (I'm retired...my husband isnt'), I spend probably too much time on the computer. But I enjoy it the way you do...including the Facebook friends--hundreds of them who are former high school students. Your computer area looks restful, unlike mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI. I popped over from Dayle's Simple Pleasure and glad you've chosen to join us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, popping in from Dayle's blog. I like your definition of spending time on the computer as a simple pleasure. It sound so much nicer than being called an obsession! Kathleen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also like your description of blog time as a simple pleasure. In so many ways, it's like sitting down in a room full of friends. For me, I find a great deal of pleasure in reading the lastest from favorite invisible friends I'll probably never meet but always feel I know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree!
    I've met such lovely ladies who bring the light of Christ into my day with their blog posts or comments.
    blessings..Trish

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Schotzy,
    Glad you visited Dayle today. I like to spend time on the computer (blogging and facebook).It lets me keep in touch with my grandchildren -- who think it's great fun that Nanny 'goes on the computer'.It is a(not always)simple pleasure.
    God Bless
    Barb from Australia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Schotzy, welcome to the Simple Pleasures party. We're a friendly bunch and you've captured the essence of what it's all about so perfectly. Hope to see you often.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~