Thursday, March 24, 2011

Simple Pleasures


Project Simple Pleasures2




The  lovely blog, A Collection of This and That by Dayle,    hosts this great theme each week.  Simplicity is my goal now that I am retired and attempted to scale back....to contemplate those  simple things that fulfill and bring pleasure...  a couple of weeks ago  it was breakfast for two... and in this instance it was breakfast for my Son-in law, Joshua, who lives in Boston.  His bride, our daughter was attending a bridal brunch that morning so I had Joshua all to myself.

Photobucket
Photobucket
 A rarety to say the least,  for family dinner conversation usually runs along the lines of work, sports, and other innocuous topics...  but this morning,  Joshua and I  enjoyed a lovely chat along more personal lines and the pace was lingering and the the mood was light.  A real simple pleasure!

6 comments:

  1. What a pleasure this truly must have been. The table looks beautiful and I am sure he enjoyed himself...

    M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds perfect...time spent with Josh....

    ReplyDelete
  3. A simple pleasure indeed...your table is lovely
    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. That must have been a special time, and so relationships are nourished. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That table is so inviting. Your son-in-law is blessed to have such a thoughtful mother-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely way tostart the day. Your table looks lovely too.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~