Monday, March 28, 2011

The SImple Woman's Daybook


Photobucket






FOR TODAY

Outside my window...I am trying to overcome my disappointment with the cold, blustery, flurrying day....   it just doesnt compute with the daffodils, bluebirds, and bird song in the air!


I am thinking...how marvelous is the activity of God in our lives... how He sends His Holy Spirit to prompt other believers  to administer His truth, His deeper hidden  ways,, that manifest His presence in our lives...how He orchestrates even the most basic things we do to bring forth His kingdom...  and therefore  I am learning to be so much more attentive that I do not miss Him in the process of just living


I am thankful for...  every blessing, every brother and sister in Christ, every act of the Almighty  that touches me...

From the kitchen.. nothing...

I am wearing... khakis, and a cozy blue cowl neck sweater


I am creating...  a tone of restive peace in our home, touched by the arrival of springtime and refreshing!

I am reading... A Praying Life, by Paul Miller  The Peace Maker by Ken Sande  both of these are for bible studies at church!   The Peace Maker   is for our Sunday night Pastor's study.  I am preparing to teach  a couple of chapters from  the praying book this week.  This has been a marvelous study on prayer and how to approach God more effectively!I will be leading the talk on Listening to God and Prayer journaling!

I am hoping....have the opportunity to mentor a friend this week.... a relatively new believer!   Please pray toward that end with me.

Around the house.... the house is in good shape....of course, however, the laundry is never ending around here.  But thankfully, I have done a load already this morning!

One of my favorite things....planning....  I know I get this from my mom.   I have a project to begin right before me,,, but knowing how to edit it to something actually doable... that is the dilemma for me... when I have it figured out, I'll share about it


A few plans for the rest of the week:
Hoping to find some time in here some time to meet with my dear friend, Dottie... we seem to have been missing each other lately
Monday - lunch with the girls,  evening out with my hubby,  Symphony night
Beethoven's Ode to Joy
Roanoke Symphony  Orchestra


Roanoke Symphony Chorus
Bridgewater College Concert Choir
Liberty University Concert Choir
Radford University Choral Union
Roanoke College Choirs


Beethoven - Fidelio Overture
Beethoven - Symphony No. 9 ("Choral")





Tuesday-  allergy shot, Mom to the doctor,   marketing , work on Bible Study

Wednesday- Wednesday evening dinner at church and  Bible Study

Thursday- small group Bible Study in the evening

Friday-

Saturday- Prayer in the church chapel


Here is a photo Id like to share...

Photobucket
This is what I am longing for... the moving ahead with springtime and renewed vigor in life,... but alas, when I look out my window, the air is full of flurries... so fiercely full that I can hardly see  the street!    BAH!!!  Well, this too, shall pass,,,  I can hear my brother in Christ say to me,, "Rejoice in all things,,, they a re all gifts from God!"  Therefore, I will refuse to be daunted in my joyful approach to the day  come whatever may!

For the 2011 edition of The Simple Woman's Daybooks visit Peggy here!

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you as you continue to encourage these new believers!

    Love you and hope you have a good week!
    amanda

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~