Monday, June 8, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday

Click here to return to   Happy Homemaker Monday.




The weather in my neck of the woods:


Today the weather  is humid and warm  already 72... heading to mid 80's
Things that make me happy: 
hearing hubby say, "Let's go get  a DQ  chocolate dip cone!" on hot day!

Menu for this week:


That is one organizational tool I would love to implement and not any time soon.

What's on my TV today: 
I saw on facebook  a while ago that   two  back to back Jessee Stone  movies  will  be on tonight  form 7-11 on Hallmark...  Love that!

Looking around the house:
So  glad to say that  hutches have been moved to make way for the  next phase of our  kitchen reno...  we are expecting a call soon saying the cabinet co. will be coming out to  rip and tear....  ummmm!

On my To Do List:


Time to  clean  the sunroom well...    and  decorate  for summer out there....  

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:


ingredients
1 can Pillsbury Crescents (8 in a can)
8 slices of cooked bacon
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
5 eggs
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
salt and pepper to taste
1 egg for egg wash (optional)

Directions

Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
In a bowl beat the eggs and add the chopped peppers to it and stir. Season with salt and pepper. Cook the eggs in a skillet so that they're scrambled.
Lay out the crescent on a parchment pepper, like a star as shown in the picture above.
On each crescent lay a piece of bacon. Add half of the cheese around the ring. Add the scrambled eggs around the ring and top with remainder of the cheese.
Fold the crescents over. You may now brush with the egg wash if you prefer, I did because it gives the ring a nice and golden colour.
Bake for about 20 minutes or until the crescents are cooked and golden brown.
In the craft basket:


I am crafting ideas in my mind and on paper about a major project in the works!

Looking forward to this week:
Getting  on  into the kitchen project... we were told  things would  begin happening this week...  still waiting for the phone call about it....  may  give them a call  tomorrow!

Tips and Tricks:
none  this week
My favorite blog post this week: 
My  post on  waiting for  my hydrangeas..
 photo Jumeshots005.jpg
I am realizing  I   need to feed them  something for they are losing their   luscious  blue    color...  I have purchased  the    food  but havent  had time to   administer it...   so this season my  blooms will be  of a  green nature,,,  which is  ok,   because they
 are still lovely!!!


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):


Erin, of   THe Humbled Homemaker  offers    wonderful  tips on homemaking and   the family...I  enjoy grace filled   sites like hers...    Her  blog  covers  a wide  selection of   ideas  from  homemaking to  fun with the kids and reading  lists...


No words needed (favorite photo or picture):
It is June after all..

Lesson learned the past few days:
We only go around once,  so go for the gusto!

On my mind:
  many   ideas, projects,   vacation plans, and   and family    are twirling at a fast pace....  a lovely  color wheel of exciting!

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
A fabulous   message here  on marriage  ..  the wife's  significant role in her home... by Alistair Begg!

1 comment:

  1. i like the green hydrangeas! haha but blue are pretty too. perhaps you need more than 1 bush of them!!!

    love you,
    a

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~