Thursday, June 11, 2015

Tribute to Momma's Apple Dishes

                      For  Tablescape Thursday   I  am  celebrating my mother's   apple dishes...  I will always  think of them as mother's..  we used theme very Thanksgiving  at her house,  but I love them so much   I  try to use them  during other seasons...  like during apple blossom time, and late spring.
With the   wood trim around the plates, I think they look  especially   great  used in the  sunroom with the same  wooden tones. 
Momma made the  simply  precious  apple   napkin rings  so   when I found the   gorgeous  spring/summer apple print fabric, with the    light blues and greens,  I  knew a  table runner  and napkins would  be just the trick to  bring the dishes in to  the other seasons! 
 The   china set with my  green  goblets  from Wally World make an attractive   arrangement...HEHEH!
One of the cut glass green  vases  from Momma's house   I kept  and a few sprigs of apple blossoms  sets  a  springtime  tone.. along with a few  robin's egg blues inside..
A  friendly bluebird      scampers about the salt and pepper shaker  playing hide and seek! 


  I  really like this   combination     of color and    theme.. just perfect for  a lazy  late spring day....  that feels a bit more like summer  already..  just a few more days   to  go!..
 But these  colors keep the  mood cool and    the  dishes  always offer their memories of  great   times around momma's table!

 Franciscan  Pottery  apple pattern.. 
it will always be a favorite of mine!
Now I need to invite someone for Sunday dinner... 
Time to  throw   lunch   in the crockpot and   bring  some friends home with me from church! 
Hope you enjoyed my springtime tribute to momma's  apple dishes! 

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful way to enjoy your apple china and your momma. The fabric is just the perfect print to match the apple pattern. I hope you have a great weekend!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~