Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Daily Pearls

Through my window: What a glorious day we enjoyed today....mid seventies and clear as a bell. Not many more days like today in the offering!

Through my door: I was priveleged to go with my mom to Bible Study this morning. I love that group... the ageless group. I am one of the 3 younger members, and I'm just barely in my 50's!!! Just to pray and worship together with this precious group is like a bit of heaven on earth!

Hearing: Joshua Bell on violin, playing Paganini, Caprice #24! It doesnt get much better than that!!!

What's Cooking:Thankfully, the church put on the dinner tonight so the kitchen was rather quiet and at rest today!

Hearth and Home: I am excited about the coffee table I picked up today at the consignment shop for $25. I think it will really coordinate well with the end table we have yet to pick up at Grand Interiors. We tried to pick it up tonight, but they were closed after church... so maybe tomorrow. To tell the truth, though I wish I had just gone to the consignment shops first, Great bargains there now!!!!

Healthy Living: I am very excited about First Place 4 Health. Finding true balance in the total being... mind, spirit, body, and soul, is such a great program. I am really trying to think about every thing I eat, and more importantly how much and when to eat. I am praying for the fortitude to be faithful in walking several times a week.

Creative Corner: No time for creativity at this time... hopefully soon, however.

Reading:
Storm over Coronado, by Donna Jeremiah
Book of Mark, Bible
Beth Moore's Study of Daniel
First Place 4 Health Bible study
Experiencing God, by Henry Blackaby

On My Mind: I am so looking forward to Sunday when we will visit with the kids. My parents are ecstatic about seeing them, as they havent seen them since we got together for dinner in July. So we get another chance for dinner on Sunday as we travel to meet them as they will be passing through from Boston.

My prayer life. It is becoming more and more evident that I need to be much more dedicated and intentional in my prayerlife, and in developing an even much more intimate relationship with God. It seems that as this world seems to be spiralling out of control, we need to be much more about the Lord's business, empowered by the Holy Spirit colaboring to bring about the Lord's purposes.

Gratefulness: So much.... my salvation, my life, my marriage, our home, and family!!!

Praying:So many requests from so many....for health, stability, healing, strength, courage, forgiveness, unity, wisdom, provision, ..."Help us" Lord!"

Planning: Not too much to plan this week,,, but just wait... it's coming!

Simple Pleasures: Curling up in my "Secret Place" to meet with God, pen and journal in hand and coffee in my new green mug!

Thanks to Thia. I just happened on her site tonight and fell in love with this theme so I am borrowing it. Her original is found on her site, Harvest of Pearls.

"There is no season when such pleasant and sunny spots may be lighted on, and produce so pleasant an effect on the feelings, as now in October." - Nathaniel Hawthorne
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I love this. It's really a special way to focus on all that is going on in your life that is good Schotzy! How wonderful that you are going to get to see the kids again so soon! yayy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by and you are most welcome to use the prompts. I will say I was strongly inspired by Peggy (The Simple Woman's Daybook). I wanted something I could use more often though. So I can't take total credit for this creation.
    I completely agree on the wanting more prayer/intentional prayer. I've been on this journey for a time now, although I admit to getting off track this summer, probably when I needed it most.
    Those flowers are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~