Monday, October 5, 2009

The Simple Woman Daybook

Photobucket

Peggy, at The Simple Woman hosts the new edition of the daybook .

Monday, October 5, 2009

from Carolyn's Daybook
Outside my window... a cloudy, cool autumn day is dawning, but there is a promise of sun and mild temperatures in store today!!! This has been a phenomenal autumn thus far! The trees are beginning to really turn now wih the shorter days and the air is feeling crisp!
I am thinking...goodness, me, I do have a lot of homework to catch up on... I didnt do any over the weekend. Plus... I am going to be falling really behind this week.... something quite special going on this week...
I am thankful for...opportunities that I never really dreamed I'd get to have... God is so good!!!
I am wearing...my baby blue tee shirt and blue capris with my black slides
I am remembering...autumns from my past... going on picnics up to Peaks of Otter, or taking Amanda to see the changing leaves at Goshen Pass. I love these wonderful memories!
I am going...to be taking a wonderful journey with Lynn soon... many fabulous surprises await us!!!!
I am reading...aw... I finished September, by Rosamund Pilchur... I try to read that one every couple of years!
Beth Moore's study for Daniel
Experiencing God by Blackaby
First Place for Health
FreeFall by Kristen Heitzmann
I am hoping...for new revelation and deeper understanding on prayer from the Lord...
On my mind...I wish I could find the phone charger.... it has simply disappeared! I need Amanda... she could always find everything... really, she has built in radar! "AMANDA!!!!!"
From the learning rooms...life,
Noticing that...time is flying by,,, I cannot believe it is October alredy... where did September go??
Pondering these words...from "Hebrews 12:14 Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord. 15See to it that no one misses the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many. "
Bitterness is such a vile condition and I seem to see it abounding!
From the kitchen.. no great plans as yet
Around the house...organize!!
One of my favorite things~listening to music... like Chris Botti and Josh Groban!
From my picture journal...
Photobucket
a morning photo out my kitchen window blesses me this year. I am reminded of last year following such a horrible drought,
Photobucket
We had just had several dead trees taken out and the lawn was almost not existant.. This year it is mostly recovered and I am feeling more at peace! Praise the Lord!!

3 comments:

  1. What a difference a year makes! Your garden looks a lot more lush this year. I loved your daybook as always Schotzy. This is my favourite day of the week, the day I get to dwell on all that is good in my life. I enjoyed sharing yours as well! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you (& Dad!) this week and praying that you'll learn a lot and enjoy the fellowship with great friends!

    Love you,
    amanda

    PS- did you find your phone charger? I'd probably start with any bags hanging around your studio or hanging off the downstairs hall closet ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~