Monday, October 19, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Photobucket

Peggy, at The Simple Woman hosts the new edition of the daybook .

Monday, October 19, 2009

from Carolyn's Daybook
Outside my window...
it is 6:47 am and the sky is just slightly brightening. The street lights show a clear morning dawning. Right now it's rather cold at 36 degrees with a high today in the 60's. This week promises to be a tad warmer with temps in the 60's and 70's. That should be nice after the dreary, cold days of last week.... although I do enjoy a change in the seasons... and love sweater weather!
I am thinking...this will be a rather full week of activity ... I will be taking mom and dad to Bible study and Krogering this morning. This afternoon I will be working the Blood Mobile at church. Then First Place tonight, Bible study Wednesday morning, then Clu Class... Experiencing God on Wednesday... a bus tour of the Blue Ridge Parkway, dining at Mabry Mill on Thursday, Daniel Study that evening, Friday...allergy shot... and sometime I do have a world of laundry we didnt finish over the weekend!Oh, and might I add I have all that homework to do! But I love it!!! ...except time just flies by...doesn't it??
I am thankful for...the many, many blessings of life. God is so good to our family! His mercies are new every morning...His love he demonstrates to us in tangible, amazing ways....His provision never fails us. I love our Saturday Morning Prayer group..The unity of mind and spirit displayed in that group is such a blessing. I pray that more and more folks will catch that vision and come out to join us that they too will be blessed.
I am wearing...jeans and a sweater this morning!
I am remembering...that I need to walk today. I am thinking this will probably be a day to walk the indoor track at church. Although last week Dot and I walked the parking lot which was invigorating as well. HMMM!
We am going... to be meeting the kids for dinner next Sunday ! I am so excited about seeing them.. Amanda will be a bride's maid in Richmond so they're flying down for that over the weekend. We have so much to celebrate with ... Lynn's birthday.. uhm,, we wont discusss this milepost day for him... then Amanda's "Gotcha Day is coming up, as well as Josh's birthday, then of course, there is Thanksgiving to consider... so we've decided to do a Cracker Barrel dinner to capitalize on their good home cookin' for our celebration. It is always such a thrill to get the family together. My parents live from one opportunity to the next it seems. That is just about all they want to talk about... going to see Amanda and Josh!! Well, it is a highlight, that is for sure!!!
I am reading...Hind's Feet of High Places by Hannah Hurnard. which I highly recommend!
Beth Moore's study for Daniel
Experiencing God by Blackaby
First Place for Health
the book of Mark
I am hoping...to get to walk with my two dear friends some this week...
Dottie and Gerri!
Photobucket
On my mind...Amanda wrote me an email last night from Massachusetts and said yesterday in one view "she saw flowers blooming, turning colorful leaves, and SNOW** falling. " I am thinking she probably needs a truckload of cuddleduds for Christmas and a case of Nestle's Hot Chocolate!
Pondering these words...
If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair.
From the kitchen.. I will be baking Lynn a delicious pumpkin pie one day this week. That is definitely his very favorite.
Around the house...spending time on my Bible study and laundry around the house this week.
One of my favorite things~baking with lots of cinnamon... I love the smells!
From my picture journal...
Photobucket
As I peruse this photo I realize that it is time to be thinking of winterizing the yard... preparing for caring for the birds and that the growing season for 2009 is coming to a close. This week we definitely will be raking leaves!!!!
Have a blessed week!

4 comments:

  1. You're definitely right! Walking around downtown yesterday, I wished I was wearing two pair of pants--- brrrr!

    Love you and looking forward to seeing you on Sunday!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Schotzy I always love your day book entries. Your two friends look delightful and like people I would love too. And I love your flower photo. How pretty. There's not much colour left in our garden now, unless you count the leaves!! They're quite pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do such great things. It sounds like such an interesting life. I have done all the studies you have mentioned. I really enjoyed the Daniel study by Beth Moore. I also like First Place. Your picture of the pink flowers is fantastic. I hope you have a blessed week. Doylene

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting life you have. I have done all the studies you have mentioned. My favorite is Daniel by Beth Moore. I also like First Place. The fountain and pink flower picture is wonderful. Thank you for sharing. Doylene

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~