Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Tablescape Thursday

Photobucket
Ever since last year when I bought one plate  at the consignment shop
Photobucket
  and put this  table top  together,   I  had  longed for a  set of  this dinnerware,  but  didnt know  the name of  the pattern.....
Photobucket
All I knew it was Royal Stafford Stoneware...so for the next  10 months  I went on a pilgrimage to  locate the name and  find more  pieces...

but sadly  even when I  looked on Replacements  the list of  unnamed patterns   that were simply numbered was daunting...   until one day  in the spring  when I  forced myself to  sift through every one of them  and  then finally.....
  I discovered not only the name,  but that  Replacements had  several pieces...   so  I  ordered 6 plates  and gave the  information to my daughter  so she could order  some for me and have shipped  home  for Christmas.... an  easy way for her  to  buy my present and get it to me,  and   I  am  so delighted!!!!!
Last week  6 plates arrived...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
 This pattern, The Herdsman,  just  speaks to the  Anglophile  in me...
Photobucket
Photobucket
  The  Herdsman,  leading his  flock of  sheep  up through the quaint village... the  crenellated  towers of    church and  cozy cottages  beackoning  weary travelers  to stop in for a  warming cup of  tea....  the pattern    with its fruited  motif  around the rim just begs  a rustic  harvest table...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
 My dear   black sheep  is delighted to grace the  table now!
Photobucket

For more TT be sure to stop in at Between Naps on the Porch! You'll be glad you did!!!

11 comments:

  1. Hello Schotzy,
    I have similar plates on my table to this week but I've never seen this herdsman. I really like it. I'm glad you were able to track them down. The verse included in your header was a life changing verse for me. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that pattern. It's just beautiful and something that I'd really love to own. I think your table is lovely, and since I'm in the middle of a dining room redo, I 'm always looking for pretty dining rooms. Love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that took a lot of hard work to find the name and pattern. I love that pattern myself.. the plates look fabulous on the plaid tablecloth.. a perfect marriage.. Pretty centerpiece too.. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful table. I love the plates, they nice against the oranges of your tablecloth...I used similar ones, Royal Stafford The Hayride back in September for my tablescape...now I will be on the lookout for pieces of The Herdsman!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, Schotzy! I have that pattern, too, and I absolutely love it. Every time I use it I just feel good! It goes so well in your dining room!!! And the little black sheep fits right in! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply beautiful! And I love your gorgeous wood furniture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what pretty transferware -- so glad you could find it again. Love the adorable black sheep -- he's happy on this pastoral table setting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these dishes and am so glad you finally found them. They look wonderful. Your tablecloth is lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This transferware pattern is beautiful. I can understand why you were so persistent in finding it to purchase more. I'm sure your daughter was delighted to give you something she knew you would love and enjoy.

    Your table looks great set with these dishes. The little black sheep is a sweet addition.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad that we get to see the fruits of your labor to track down the name of this marvelous pattern. It really is a daunting task to plow through those Replacements listings. Your sheep are the perfect appointments for your beautiful tablescape. Thank you for sharing your lovely design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful setting you have made with your dishes. I'm glad you found them. I really like your tablecloth as those are my favorite colors.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~