Thursday, October 27, 2011

Tablescape Thursday


Photobucket
  
Today  my friend  Dottie and I  traveled  up  the mountain to the  quaint  country town of Floyd.   I  love to  visit there  because of the  cosy country ambiance of the  small town hardware and  fabric  shops.  Today  I was particularly  excited about  looking for  some  fabric to  play against my new  black transferware...   and I found a lovely  black and white check!
I  bought just enough  for my sunroom table ..
Photobucket
Imagine my delight  when  I also found this  adorable  grey   blue pumpkin at the  country market!


Photobucket   
 I love the  manner in which it all  sets off the  fabulous  black and white design  in the  Royal Stafford  stoneware, The Herdsman.
Photobucket
 The  autumn leaves  are just the pop  to make  this  simple, fresh,  yet seasonal   combination  sing!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
    Im loving  my new  checked backdrop that  allows the  special  autumn pieces  to  hold center stage  yet unifies and  sets a very  homey  ambiance  for  our family  dinners..
For more TT be sure to stop in at Between Naps on the Porch! You'll be glad you did!!!

3 comments:

  1. So festive for fall! I am really partial to black and white checked. Your Royal Stafford looks so nice on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely fall table...those are some of my favorite dishes, I have the Hayride pattern. Love the color of the pumpkin, much nicer than the usual orange.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog from BNOTP. I live in Roanoke, and you must live close by. I look forward to reading more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~