Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Wednesday Ponderings

Photobucket
A stroll  down a country lane is  a perfect  venue for  my  Wednesday  ponderings....
 The last couple of weeks  I have had  a lot to ponder....  mainly  centered around one main topic....  getting my  parents into Assisted  Living....  I suppose  that  all only children  like myself , if they are fortunate to have their parents  live to ripe age,   will come to this place in tier  family life....  My parents  had been adamant  all   these years that  they refused to leave their family home...   and  we are  so grateful that  the Lord has blessed their  lives to be able to  do  that  for all these years. But at age 88 and 92   their family doctor  recommended  that now it is time to consider  Assisted living and  praise, they are not only  ready to,  they a re anxious to make the move....   the  problem is....   am I  ready to  jump in  the mix and do all the things  that  will be necessary to make this happen....  the paperwork and preliminary meetings  with  banking, medical, Veterans,  offices,  realtor, and  downsizing,   fixing  up and selling the home...   it is overwhelming to say the least....   but as I have pondered this  I  realize   that  like Lynn told me....   how does one  eat an elephant??  One bite at a time....   but my  greatest resource is my wondeful Father in heaven  whom I trust to  go before me,  guiding me and  providing   for me every step of the  way....

2 comments:

  1. He will provide all the support & direction you need in this new step of your life, sweetie. At least your parents are now ready to make the move, an added blessing.

    Have a beautiful day ~
    TTFN ~
    Hugs & prayers,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand as my parents are facing that in the very near future. They currently live in a retirement community, but assisted living is the next step. It's hard, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~