Now it must be understood that the week Lynn retired in 2011, I had major surgery.... it wasnt 3 weeks later that my mom fell and my parents went into assisted living and their home became our major focus to work on in preparation for selling.... going through everything, the estate sale and the major overhaul of the house... Needless to say, my honey do list for Lynn in retirement went b y the wayside..
Until just the last few weeks....
One of our first items was to carpet the stairs.... originally we had wanted to have Karastan wool carpet.. but that would have been great if it could have happend years ago.... but we truly dont know how much longer we will live here so we decided on just some nice carpeting.
The stairs in their gorgeous refinished state are lovely, but that whole area seemed dark...
So Lynn started the several coats of painting.. looking better already.....
This morning the stairs were completed and I love going up and down!
One project down..... I dont want to get depressed thinking of how many are left!
Sharing on





It was beautiful without -- but is stunning with! I love the new carpet!
ReplyDeleteI'm really glad Dad painted the stair backs before your carpeted-- looks great. I like the carpet a lot.
ReplyDeletelove you!
a
ack! i'm glad you changed the font color to darker- i was looking at some older posts and the light green was too hard to read! more contrast is better ;-D
ReplyDeletelove you,
a
looks good. there never seems to be an end to the jobs that need doing.
ReplyDelete