Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Cheery Morning


(Through the screen this morning)
What a glorious week.. the  spring rains have given over to    bright  clear,   breezy   gorgeous days.   Our  lives   which heretofore  have been extremely  wrought with   circumstanves   beyond our control,   have  settled  down  quite a bit now that  we have a contract on mom's house and we arent    pushed to be over there working all the time....      it's wonderful to  actually  see things happening here at home..  and  this morning, it was   great to   be  able to  enjoy a leisurely breakfast outside..
I am still  trying to figure out  the  porch arrangement   with   my inherited  glider which I  love..it brings back such   fond memories of  being a girl   at home  lying on the glider reading my Trixie Belden Myteries. I think  when we  get the   end railing installed  and I place it   along the  adjacent  wall, I'll  like   it better..   for now,  it  adds extra seating out of the morning  sun.
This morning  we enjoyed  baked eggs  with ham and cheese   and  english muffins with   my favorite,  orange marmelade,   Lynn will always   have to have his  apple butter.. Heeehee, looks like Lynn  already   sampled something and  just threw his fork back on his napkin...   he just doesnt get    the importance of   trying to capture a  certain mood...    he  just  wanted to dig in.  
at any rate,  it was a cheery morning   repast and     it was made that much more special to me to get to use   some of my   new finds  at the  consignment shops  in   Stuart's Draft,Virginia.   This time a mismatched cup and saucer...   but that's   quite fine with me....
  these  transferware  English   countryside patterns   look  more   interesting used  together   ...   they each tell  their own story.

 





The cup is Royal Warwick  The Lochs of Scotland...   this particular one is Loch Duich.. if you know me, that  certainly tugged at my heart strings!

The saucer is  Wedgewood, Willy Lotte Cottage  from the Romantic England  collection.

Today I am sharing on 


Cottage Style


Lavender Garden Cottage


  Home Party@ Sandi's   Rose Chintz Cottage     
Tablescape Thursday
and   
Thursday Favorite Things


Grace at Home  @ Imparting Grace
Home and Garden at  A Delightsome Life

HGTbtngrey photo HGTbtngrey-1_zps3305ec7e.jpg
 Home Sweet Home@The Charm of Home
Friday Blog Party

6 comments:

  1. Everything does look cheery and nice, and I love the plate setting.

    I'm your latest follower, visiting today from Thursday's Favorite Things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet place to dine....If I commented on everything I liked, you'd be reading this for days! The cushions...dishes the tablecloth...its all gorgeous. I like it very very much, nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't blame Lynn for needing to sample. It looks to tempting to resist. SO glad I found you at Lavender Garden Cottage Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pretty blue and white china; such a lovely pattern! You have a wonderful porch to sit out on too. I'm so happy you joined me and share your pretty post. Have a beautiful weekend, my friend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. we so enjoyed sitting out on the porch and visiting! definitely get that glider turned the other way and start nappin'!

    love you,
    a

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad there's a contract on your parent's home and you can now relax - your breakfast sounds marvelous. I love the patterns of the blue and white dishes - they do all tell a story. I am Delighted that you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~