Monday, May 6, 2013

Today's GO TO Color is.....




Well, the  dreaded   rain  has finally   arrived   to the mid-Atlantic and  we are  in   a  drenching pattern for the next few days.....   might I add, the day is  very dark and drab... 

  outside,   but inside  I am ecstatic...  my sewing projects are completed and  the  table is cleared...  an empty  canvas  for   inspiration...and  I   am seeing   the   remaining   pink of   azaleas and    peonies   dotting   the   landscape   trying so hard to    keep  their perkiness in the deluge,  so I decide to   accent  a table with  their  go to color and happy  hue!
The black  and white     just  seems to be the perfect transition   for these  drab days,   so, of course,  the transferware  comes out....   I love  it in every season.... and  today  the pink  


of  the teapot  and the   candlewreath
along with the  popping  pink of the napkins  lends just enough  cheeriness  to wipe away   the drab of the day!

The Herdsman pattern   transferware  with its  english countryside  motif  charms my fancy and desire to reconnect with my  heritage... 


 You  mustnt be surprised to  see  a  peaceful  sheep  reposing    nearby...

So  now that   the table is set


Time to    take   time out for  just   me and  the Lord   through His Word...
Time to   finish my Community Bible Study on  Colossians  chapter 3 
I love this week's study on  the love of  Christ 
  A perfect  lesson  on  God's   plan of redemption   and  the sacrificial love of His son  and   how  we  then   must  live  to  please and honor     
Him in the world but not of it!!!! 
a cup of   healing  green tea  taken  during this time of holy contemplation,  as I share in  the  deep truths of  God's  Word  helps my spirit  to  slow down and   really  apply   the message.. 
My  pink Desert Rose  on black   from Royal  Albert 
is one of my   go to cups,, but more importantly  my go to  book for   finding    the  Truth, the  Light and   Bread of Life  and  the Life  through  Christ's  finished work on the cross  is my copy of  God's own Word, the Bible...
Schotzy!

Your messages mean so much to me..... they are a real encouragement to me!


A Return to Loveliness@ A Delightsome Life

Inspire Me Tuesday@ A Stroll Thru Life

Martha’s Favorites @ Martha’s Favorites


Tea Time Tuesday @ Rose Chintz Cottage


Teacup Tuesday @ Artful Affirmations


Friends Sharing Tea @ Bernideen's Tea Time Blog


Share Your Cup Thursday@ http://jannolson.blogspot.com


Cottage Style Linky Party@ http://lavendergardencottage.blogspot.com



10 comments:

  1. Beautiful and thoughtful post! I love your dreary day tea. The cup is very vibrant and beautiful with those lovely flowers. And what a sweet vintage tea pot! I love it too!
    Your colors here are perfect for the day. I too, posted a stormy day tea. We think alike : )
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done well at making a rainy day cheerful and bright. I like your black/white transferware plate and the teapot --- charming! I can't quite tell from the picture, but I believe it is the same design as the dish set that an aunt just gave to me. They were grandmothers back in the day.

    LaDonna
    Gracious Hospitality

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the black and the check and transferware, two of my favorite things. Thanks tons for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your black and white transferware! The teacup is beautiful too. It all looks lovely on the checkered tablecloth. It's always good to open the Word and read its truths. There is so much to glean from its pages. Thank you for sharing and joining me for tea today. Have a delightful week.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever tea idea for a rainy day and wonderful thoughts. I am so glad you have linked to Friends sharing Tea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Royal Albert tea cup, so beautiful! What better time to have a cup of tea while reading His Holy Word. Have a wonderful Mother's Day! Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your transferware and your pretty teacup!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Refreshing and uplifting! Blessing to you. Glad I found you at Share Your Cup Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  9. A perfect way to start the day - gorgeous setting, teacup and inspiring Bible reading - to know the love of our LORD is so heartwarming! I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your go to color would brighten the dreariest of days. What a wonderful way to slow down and learn from the word of our Lord. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~