Tuesday, December 8, 2015

A Little Bit More Yuletide Planning


December does seem to be  flying by... and  thankfully I am  clicking things off my list...

So today I  am  working with the menus...   I decided to  change up the  Christmas morning  Quiche a bit....  and   made  hubby and I  a smaller  version  to try out for lunch today....   full of  fresh garden veggies,,,  peppers,  broccoli, onions, and this time, I added an extra  measure of nutmeg to  add a bit of  Christmas  cheer. But I must make a note to self to  be sure to  season well  otherwise....   the veggies tend  to   mask the salt apparently...  but  tastes so good with  my   Christmas coffee.... this time flavored with    a bit of  our  local  fresh  made  egg nog... so   rich an yummy... instead of   half and half which is my usual  habit. 


So as I  ponder   our yuletide    meals,  I am listening to  one of my  all time favorite  Christmas  cd's.
Product Details

Winterlude -- Instrumentals for a Contemplative Christmas

Just exactly the kind of instrumentals one  wants to listen to     during days like these!
You can find it here.
This year we sent out  90  cards...  I  actually  spent all day yesterday on them...   but  we do love to  sent greetings to our  dearest  friends and families..  plus old friends  whom we havent seen is  many years..   There is something special about a bit of slow mail  correspondence that cant be  duplicated digitally!

 The  house is   finally  decorated...  Im using my  small trees this  year.... much  easier   to put up and especially to take down!  The mantel is     lovely  and   

I  was  so  pleased   when I found  my New  Fox family to celebrate with us  becasue I could not find    my   lovely  older couple...

Then, this morning  my dear old friends showed...   turns out they had been vacationing in Boca! 


It seems they had  had  a visit with   Uncle Sylvestri  Fox  who  was  so   full of stories  they almost missed  their  Christmas    visit with  me here....
But they did bring  back his favorite  Yuletide   lovely recipe 
.
BLT-Stuffed Tomatoes Image 1
BLT-Stuffed Tomatoes
 Prep Time 15 min. Total Time 15 min. Servings 9 servings 
How to Scoop Out the Tomatoes Use a measuring teaspoon or a small melon baller to scoop out the seeds from the tomatoes. Make Ahead Tomatoes can be filled with cream cheese 
18 large cherry tomatoes (10 oz.), about 1- 1/4 inches in diameter 2 oz. (1/4 of 8-oz. pkg.)  Cream Cheese, softened 1/4 cup  Mayonnaise,
 3 slices cooked  Bacon, crumbled 2 Tbsp. finely chopped romaine lettuce
 3 Tbsp. crushed seasoned croutons
 Cut tops off tomatoes; discard. Scoop out seeds. Drain tomatoes, cut sides down, on paper towels. Meanwhile, mix cream cheese and mayo in medium bowl until blended. Stir in bacon and lettuce. Spoon cream cheese mixture into tomatoes just before serving; top with crushed croutons.
  Sounds  pretty tasty and looks  great  as well!!!  
 Thanks  Uncle  Sylvestri!

4 comments:

  1. Just coming here to your blog puts me in the spirit of Christmas. I love the music. What lovely stuffed tomatoes too. I have a very similar list. I love it all and I too am doing Christmas cards right now. I love being retired! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fox family is beyond adorable! I also enjoy writing Christmas cards, but have slowly decreased the number that I send out over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your decor looks lovely and so festive! and the food delish!

    love you,
    a

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Both the quiche and the stuffed tomatoes sound delicious! The tomatoes look so pretty too. Thank you for sharing your recipe. Your decor looks very festive and welcoming. So glad you shared this with us and enjoy the rest of your week.

    Christmas blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~