Wednesday, December 30, 2015

End of Year Hodge Podge Wednesday



1. Share a favorite moment/memory from the week of Christmas.....  our  love bug was  born

2. If someone wrote a book about your life based on the past year, what genre would it fall under? What would the title be?
The book would be entitled Redemption...and would be a family drama.  I would have to go back a  couple of years because my daily life  was  mainly consumed with caring for my aging parents..even though they  were necessarily  living in separate  nursing facilities.. I was  running  hither and yon caring for them.  Then dad passed on Dec 13th 2013, at age 94.    Momma  had a failure to thrive  situation and was  deeply medicated for pain. She had lost from 176 pounds to  82 pounds...  I could  barely stand to see her in her condition.  Her mind  was  able but her body  so terribly  withered....then  she somehow  fell out of the bed  late one night and broke her arm with a compound fracture that couldnt  be  set due to the  paper thin  skin she  had...those last few weeks  were   horrible  for me...  seeing her   fragile state and  bleeding    bandages..

finally  Dec 27th, 2014  the Lord  whisked her away  to heaven......  she was  92  and free at last...  but  for me   it was  like my life was  over...  I had cared for them for several years prior to the   facilities, and now I had  nothing but time for   melancholy and loss to settle in on me...   I was   in deep mourning  for  a few months...and    hubby reminded me  we had so much to look forward to...  for example, our trip to Ireland....in April....standing on the cliffs of Moher,   I  gave my final tears to Jesus, and allowed the   winds to carry my sadness away  across the sea...
Then when  we came home  hubby  had  started the process for redoing and modernizing our kitchen.....  that  project   completely consumed me for  several months...  during those months we found out  we would be grandparents again and the baby was due right around Christmas....Praise the Lord!!!  I   prayed thanksgiving to a faithful Father who  gives  great   gifts to His children...  a new life   to  redeem the loss of  my  dear parents....And would you  believe  Love Bug was  born on Dec 27th in the morning  just as my momma had  gone  that time a year  before!

3. What made you feel patriotic this year?
Well, unfortunately,  I  have been feeling  like so many   do that our nation is  in deep peril..Because we have turned our back on God and allowed such ungodly change  come upon our  people.. through  government,  society, education, entertainment,  the military,  .... when you do not allow God to enter into  the  mountains of  society,  you begin a  dangerous downward spiral.... Only God can  retrieve us and  lift us from this pit....  so  I am  most patriotic when I meet in  small prayer groups  whenever possible to pray  for  our leaders,  the decisions.. t o  use  our God given authority to  reclaim  and protect our families  our neighborhoods,  schools,   workplaces,  I pray  as I drive   all the areas  around my house.. I do major spiritual warfare  if I am so led  for  protection and  for  godliness to reign!

4. What experience from this past year would you like to do all over again?  Well, I am in the midst of it now...   staying here  with our  granddaughter  taking care of her,  playing with her.  doing crafts with her...  we have made  so many lovely  Christmas decorations  and ornaments for the tree and she is only 2, but  very  exceptional!





5. What song lyric sums up or is a reflection of your 2015?

I have learned that  when  circumstances  are looking their worst.. this song  gives hope and  faith!



Right there in the dust, he sat by the gate,
To listen to footsteps and patiently wait.
The blind man just didn't dream that this was the day
That Jesus of Nazareth would pass by his way.

CHORUS
Something good is going to happen to you
Happen to you this very day.
Something good is going to happen to you
Jesus of Nazareth is passing your way.

She stood by the well, so tired and alone,
Misfortune and heartache was all she had known,
She looked at the stranger, but who would ever think,
'Twas Jesus to offer her living water to drink.

They were only wee children so happy at play
And told to stay quiet and out of the way;
But then came the Saviour with arms open wide,
They're part of His kingdom, make room by His side.

My friend if you're listening now humbly to me
Yes this is the moment that you can be free
This very same Jesus is right here today;
Release your faith and touch Him, then believe me when I say.


6. On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate 2015? (10=stellar) Why?
10...because  even in the   bad  and   especially in the good,   God  has prepared the way...and I am learning more and more to trust and rely on Him.

7. What part of the upcoming year are you most excited about?


I am trusting and believing  that just as many  learned  present  day   Biblical scholars  are  hearing from the Lord that  because of the  church's  growing interest in prayer  we as a nation are  turning...ever be it slowly....   but a shift back to the God  through revival is coming.....  I challenge all who read this to   join a prayer group and  help  bring  this in in 2016!

8. Insert your own random thought here. Tomorrow is the last day of 2015  yet it is the first day of my   precious daughter's  returning from the hospital with  her 2 daughter's in tow.   Our little family is  growing  and  may this new year be a great  one for families everywhere....  May that be our  daily prayer!

Happy New Year !!!

2 comments:

  1. What a precious experience for you and your daughter. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on another beautiful granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~