Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Green has Come to My House

               Even with 7 inches of snow  received on Monday,  I have  been  having  a  delightfully merry time  bringing forth  the greens  in our home this week...  and it is working... the snow is melting away today.... I have a wonderful Irish luncheon planned for  Friday,  and then  a couple over for coffee and dessert on Friday evening, so  it has been the impetus to spruce up...  Great fun!  
Because   I remember the stags  of  Dublin's  Phoenix Park.


then the    antlers  are  prominent  on the dining table...

        a short visit to my favorite consignment shop this morning                     produced this  cute  ceramic  blessing plaque...
                 "May your blessings outnumber the shamrocks that  
                grow and may trouble avoid you where ever you go"


I am pretty excited about  my new  napkin fold I found on face book recently ... this thin napkin  worked  best of all..

  These thicker  cotton linen   looked pretty good

My Irish linen  damask    ones looked like  great  cinnamon buns!    But as long as they stay in shape.. I'm happy and it is  fun!


I have  4  of my best  friends for lunch Friday,  so  I am alternating  napkin color.. since I can't  find  any other green napkins....    oh, well!

I ordered these 8  salad plates from Replacements  to   use with my  white  dinner plates  ... just to mix it up a bit for  certain seasons... I don't need any more green..  this is just  a right  touch to set off the  sterile white



then at the consignment shop I did find this treasure... a gorgeous decorative plate... to begin a quest for other green display delights... now my clear glass plates will fill in...
 I did find  another  similar plate on replacment I am thinking of ordering for this  plate hanger.





The green doesn't quite show its deep emerald hue,  but I love the folk scene of a shepherd taking his rest by a stream whilst his flock rambles down the path guarded by the faithful sheep dog...
the mark on the back says Homer Laughlin. made in the USA ..after some research this pattern came out in 1951.. a year younger than me!

                                                                 
Well.. I'm feeling great about my luncheon plans now.... now only have to bake up my cottage pie which is similar to shepherd's                                              pie only I use beef..                                        

                                 

                  and I'm making a peach and blueberry clafouti

                                  

Clafoutis
Source: Mastering the Art of French Cooking, Vol. I; by Julia Child, serves 6-8 

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups milk
2/3 cup granulated sugar, divided
3 eggs
1 Tablespoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup flour
3 ripe peaches, sliced
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. ground cardamom
powdered sugar, for garnish 

Directions:
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a blender blend the milk, 1/3 cup sugar, eggs, vanilla, cardamom, salt and flour. Pour a 1/4 inch layer of the batter in a buttered 7 or 8 cup lightly buttered fireproof baking dish. Place in the oven until a film of batter sets in the pan (about 2-3 minutes).

Remove from the heat and spread the peaches over the batter. Sprinkle on the remaining 1/3 cup of granulated sugar. Pour on the rest of the batter. 

Bake at 350 degrees F for about 45 minutes to an hour. The clafouti is done when puffed and brown and and a knife plunged in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, serve warm.
Bon appetit!

                                                Table scapeThursday
                                   Home Sweet Home
                             

5 comments:

  1. Dear Schotzy:
    I love that Clafouti - it looks amazing and so does your table! Green it is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the new look of your blog,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog I have been to Ireland Waterfod in fact.I come from county Claire about four generations ago.So seeing your blog bought me pure JOY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your food looks so good! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of your St. Patrick's Day greens!! I see you are a Seasonal decorator like me!! I get bored fast and decorating for the season changes up the house and is much cheaper than remodeling!! LOL!! Lovely!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~