Monday, February 1, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday



Click here to return to  our hostess!
The Weather:::


High 60 degrees today....  goodbye  remnants of Jonas....

Right now I am: 
I am  patiently awaiting  my first cup of coffee...  hubby is  so  faithful and sweet!!
Thinking:
I am hopeful that   this virus that has  plagued me for almost two weeks  is finally waning and    will  soon be  a  distant memory...

On my reading pile:::
my regular devotionals>
Jesus Calling, by Sarah Young
Saving Grace, by C. John Miller
a novel>
All for You,  by Lynn Kurland

On my tv:::

Of course, Downton Abbey... oh my goodness... last night.....  I won't say another word   because some folks may not have seen it yet!!
I love  being able to catch older  films  I missed  now that we  have Netflix... like A Room with a View,   Someone Like You,
 and beloved favorites,  like  Charade!

Looking forward to::
Breakfast out  one day this week  as we take our  autos in for servicing....  it is our habit to stop  out    following  each  visit to the dealership.
Luncheon  out with  the girls on  Friday to celebrate  Judy's birthday
Bible Study  on  Changing my Attitude...  very  good study  by  James MacDonald


On my to do list:::
laundry,  dust, vacuum,   reading, Bible Study,
shopping  for  a gift

Recipe I'm interested in trying: 
We  recently purchased a new  slow cooker  so Ive been busy  seeking out  new recipes I found this fun recipe here  for when I'm in a festive  siesta   mood!!!

Looking around the house:::
I  do need to    work upstairs....  the guest room ( my  closet is in terrible disarray!!!)  Maybe I'll feel up to it this week...  this virus has kept me  laid low for  a couple of weeks!


From the camera:::
a bit of inspiration to    organize the  mess  I now have around my  computer station ....wow!

On my prayer list:::
The world, the church,  persecution, God's provision,  against evil plots and that they will be exposed and eradicated,  the family and  friends

Bible verse, Devotional:::


2 Corinthians 10:3-5



3 For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.





6 comments:

  1. Organizing seems to be the theme lately! I have lots to do in my house as well. That crock pot recipe sounds yummy!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love going out for breakfast. I will eat breakfast food anytime of the day :) I hope you have great week and can stop by:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2016/02/happy-homemaker-monday-2116.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great plans. I hope you get to feeling better. I hate it when a little cold lingers on and on. I've had a silly cough for forever. I enjoyed your post. Have a good week. Your Valentines look is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to organize in the worst way! Yay for a new slow cooker! Have a beautiful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you feel better soon. I love using my slow cooker as long as I remember to actually turn it on! They don't work if you don't turn them on, don't ask how I know that ;) Hope you have an amazing week!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~