Monday, February 29, 2016

The Simple Woman's Daybook








For Today...


February 29, 2016

it is 8:45am and   53 degrees....  I think   we may have turned a corner in the weather

Outside my window...
  a  broken sky of clouds with the sun shining through


I am thinking...

I am sort of dreading the  hour of allergy testing  I have scheduled later this morning..  Hope I get to to actually see the ENT because I still have  a few issues  since the last time i saw him.


I am thankful...
 for the saving  knowledge of Christ and    His  love and provision    in my life....  Sometimes  things  can  get  rattled and out of sorts, and then I  really wonder...  how do  folks with no faith  endure the  uncertainty of life... praise   God...  His mercies are new every morning!


I am wearing...
as usual... my pj's and  terry robe all day....  it is my  winter  retirement garb!!!!  Well,  I haven't had breakfast yet!
HEHEE   somethings never change!!


I am creating...
sorry to say my creative  gene is asleep  this morning... 

I am going...
  along with  my best friends to take    one of our  sista's   to her birthday lunch   this week...  to the Inn at  Sunnybrook


I am wondering...


how much longer hubs and I are going to feel rotten...  my allergies and sinus  crud and  he thinks  his cold has developed into strep throat...  bleh!  



I am reading...
Acts 9
Bible Study   by  James MacDonald... I Want to Change my Attitude

just for fun.. my new Lynn Kurland  novel, Stars in your Eyes


I am hoping...
 that  tomorrow  primary in our state  will  go  well....  my deep concerns for this upcoming election   is in part    probably  a reason  for  our malaise... Lord, have mercy on our nation!!!
May I take a moment and  add,  it is imperative that  everyone  get out and vote not only in your  primary  but esp for this election...  We must take our nation back!!!


I am learning...
  to be content  with   my circumstances and  life.   We have been blessed and  I  really  want to  downsize and    enjoy living  on less.... we  certainly have all that we need... and  more... 


In my garden...
  Hydrangea paniculata

Fire Light TM Hydrangea paniculata - 4" pot - Proven Winners


Now even though  I  just  spoke on contentment.. haha,,  I must  add  though that I do want  to get  this   shrub... and toward that end I  have been  seeking a good source... I need more perennial color in my  garden!



In my kitchen...
I have no immediately plans for anything special....



A favorite quote/scripture for today...

 

Praise  the lord for His  mercy and loving kindness


      A peek into one of my days... today

Well, I just got back from my  ENT  appt for allergy testing and I am allergic to 21/28  allergens...  yikes  so I will be  starting sublingual immunotherapy  because I am not a candidate for  allergy shots...I just fixed lunch and  now I am    preparing to take hubs  to the doctor  to check his throat for strep...  while we are out I will  stop at the market for a few things   and pick up my  prescription  and come home and have left overs  for supper.... ...
I sure hope he doesn't have strep...    when he is sick,  I    feel  out of sorts....


   One of my favorite things...
looking forward to spring...  beyond  pollen time..heheheh
 photo sidesteeple.jpg
The colors of spring are  so  delightful and uplifting
 photo mothersday004.jpg
This next  photo was  last year....  This year  there will many more tulips and  daffodils...  lovely! 
 photo spring080.jpg
The flowering shrubs   bloom profusely  next door...   is it coveting to  want one, too...  yikes!
 photo earlyspring2012004-1.jpg
Early morning fogs.....
 photo earlyspring2012104-1.jpg
Red buds in all their glory!
 photo earlyspring2012150.jpg

Flowering dogwoods      create  an other worldly   fairyland,,,,,  time to  bring out  my  fairy    house  and  really get into the  spring  mood!!!
 photo earlyspring2012220.jpg

From the board room...
As we  begin a new month  I  introduce  Sweet Blessings.....Shannon offers  monthly   scripture  writing  tasks  that I have utilized and  they really bless me...  I  learn  through writing.. and  this  helps to cement scripture into my heart!!! The March  listing is up!

Post Script
So today is Leap Year,  the  29th of February...  Since  hubby is  under the weather seems like a  good afternoon to  watch the movie Leap Year again;...  I never get tired of it...


YOU remember that     Matthew Goode   is  Mary  Crawley's  new husband!!! If you're a Downton fan.

this film takes me right back to Ireland.... 

2 comments:

  1. My first visit to your beautiful blog! I hope both you and your husband are feeling better soon. This is a terrible time of the year for allergies. I went through a bout with it a couple of weeks ago and am finally feeling better. Loved all of your pictures. Hope you have a fantastic week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope your appointment went well.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~