Monday, February 15, 2016

Some Monday Blog Parties








and a  bit of    party  fun!

For Today...


February 15, 2016
19  and  snowing..  we have about  7 inches at this time
with 3-5 on the way
Outside my window...
from the dining room
from the  living room
 from the library
it was  a fine snow this morning,  then  it poured in huge  flakes,  but now  it  may be   bit of sleet.. a messy day all around..   a good  day to  stay  all tucked up inside!!!!


I am thinking...
this is a  great day to put away  the reds of  valentine's and  start planning the greens of March..  along that line while the  table is clear  I can get the  sewing machine out and  do a bit of  sewing!

I am thankful...
that the meds the ENT prescribed  are working and I am feeling so much better.. that post holiday virus really threw me for a loop!  Thankfully,  prednisone puts a  lilt in my step and  I  get  more done around the house than usual... I intend to take advantage of that!!!

I am wearing...
and probably will wear my pj's and  terry robe all day....  it is my  winter  retirement garb!!!!

I am creating...
I  still have  that lovely  winter  material  that I purchased to make  cute  matching aprons for my sweet girls...  but, also,  I bought some great green Celtic  fabric to make an Irish table runner  which is really  my inspiration for actually getting that  machine out today..

I am going...
to put all the reds of valentines away and  start pulling out the greens of spring....  that will chase away  the winter doldrums and    it marks one step closer to  the  glories of spring

I am wondering...
if my  new purchase  will arrive tomorrow as promised ....
 I must confess to my huge weakness in  transfer ware. It does me no good to  peruse  the Replacements site for when I find a bargain  I cant help myself
2 sets of 4  salad plates in   Johnson Brothers
Fruit Basket design..
due to arrive tomorrow  in the post...  well, I am Irish, after all!
Ok, they were  only 19.99  for each set of 4.. now who could  pass that up!  Now to find  storage space...  oh, my!



I am reading...
not much except my Bible Study work  

I am hoping...
 to get my   new crock pot  this week.. maybe today...  this seems like a great  time  to  make a lovely  chicken stew... yummy for a  cold miserable icy day!!!



I am learning...
to  try to make the most of each  realm of my  existence each day..
  physical...  mental...  spiritual!

In my garden...
I  was inspired by the new lovely porch and garden magazine I  bought at the market this weekend...  such beautiful outdoor spaces...  I want to  do  some  sprucing up this spring!   More on that  at a later day!



In my kitchen...
Since the prednisone is  sending my  blood sugar  levels into the  stratosphere  I  am trying to  eat  less and less carbs so  for brunch today  I have  a lovely  crustless  quiche  in the oven....  yum.. it smells so tasty!!!!

A favorite quote/scripture for today...

A word from our timeless and never  irrelevant Scriptures
1 Cor. 2



6 We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. 7 No, we declare God’s wisdom, a mystery that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began. 8 None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.9 However, as it is written:
“What no eye has seen,
what no ear has heard,
and what no human mind has conceived”
the things God has prepared for those who love him—

10 these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit.

The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11 For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12 What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13 This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words. 14 The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit. 15 The person with the Spirit makes judgments about all things, but such a person is not subject to merely human judgments, 16 for,
“Who has known the mind of the Lord
so as to instruct him?”
But we have the mind of Christ.












A peek into one of my days... 

Let's peek in  at our  past Saturday...  Hubs took my out for  dinner to one of my favorite Valentine  restaurants..
Carrabas

Love their  fresh baked bread and dipping sauce
what is it about men that  they  can't see that it might be a nice idea to say, "  Honey...  you might look  better if you'd adjust your jacket.. you know for the photo!"
 I ordered the Tuscan  tenderloin  with Marsala....  doesn't get any better than that!!

One of my favorite things...
I know I shared about  doing this wall a few weeks ago...   it  finished up the  main decor in our  new kitchen...  but  I really do  love   displaying plates on the wall. I didn't get my hangers until I  got my Christmas order from  Amazon... I didn't know where else to get the hangers... but now all I  can think of is  where  else can I hang a plate! HEHEHE
but I am also loving the "Eucharisteo" plaque Amanda  had made for my Christmas present..  hanging it  here  is a great reminder to me to praise the Lord for  all his benefits and blessings...  Ann Voskamp coined the word in her book, One Thousands Gifts... a highly recommended read!!!!

From the board room...
for a bit of Irish inspiration visit 
Farmette. You will find  amazing recipes and  other   Irish  goodies here!
A tidbit!
galette1

Post Script
I am  just  ecstatic to  have  valentine's behind me..  time to move ahead  and  enjoy the thrill of coming things....  for one thing... my cousin, Pam is coming  in early  March    to spend a couple of days    digging into our  ancestry...  and share  about our  last years separate
 adventures to Ireland
So  thus  you see   my ambition to  celebrate  my Celtic roots..
 Slainte'


 I am also sharing  on

Bernideen's Tea Time, Cottage and Garden Blog Party

3 comments:

  1. I love the photos of the snow. Your quiche looks delicious. What a love Italian meal out! I love your transferware pieces in the brighter green. Would love to have you come join in my party today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so enjoyed your blog post today. I must look for some green transferware. I only have blue and red.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~