Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Hodge Podge Wednesday


Click the icon to return to  Joyce's page!

1. Create an acrostic using the word LOVE. If you're unsure what an acrostic is clickhere.

Love is....
Learning to think more highly of others than yourself
Opting to live   a more Christ-like  life
Valuing what is truly important...not material  things
Encouraging  the best  from self and others

2. Does love really conquer all? Why or why not?
I love our host's answer and I am including it here  for  others to be sure to read!!
"I'm a romantic at heart so my answer might surprise you, but I'm going to say no. I think love conquers much. I think it covers a multitude of sins, but we're human and our words and actions have consequences that love can't always undo, take back, or conquer. Many people divorce someone they love. Human love is extraordinary...remarkable...imperfect." 
I  agree  completely with her answer...Being a romantic at heart myself,.  we romantics  tend to  sometimes  have  expectations  that will never be met....  over the 44 years of marriage  hubby and I  have  enjoyed...   we must overlook the imperfections and  choose  contentment with the wonderful  features  our loved ones do  display.... and pray they are doing the same  toward  us! 
Our hostess  again;;;
"Now God's love? That's different. I believe God's love can and does conquer all. His love is always sacrificial, always patient, always kind, keeps no record of wrongs, and never ever fails. It's the example we're given to emulate, but we're human, and the words always/never/all are something we fall short of at least some of the time. "  
I cannot expound on that!

3.Tell us about a time recently, where you really put your heart into something.
Over the holidays  when I was  given a gift of  30 days with  my  grands  I put my heart into  time spent with  Birdie...doing  grandma things.... playing.. baking... crafting... reading...  loving...

4.What's your favorite fictional love story?

The first one that came to me was  Elizabeth Bennett  and  Mr. Darcy.... a love that overcame  all odds,   social standing,  personal  differences,   trials of deception and misunderstanding,   and yet, love  prevailed.

5. Do you generally wear your heart on your sleeve, or keep your cards close to the vest?
Being an only child  I  was  quite the loner  for most
of my youth... very reserved and  few  confidantes. I learned to bury my feelings...  but as I  have matured  I am much more open and with those I  feel safe ( family and best friends)  I  probably tend to  allow my true feelings show  more readily...  especially  with my  hubby....

6. What food says love to you? Why?
Any food  hubby  makes for me... my morning coffee and  fruited yogurt cup  primarily. He is so faithful  and sweet about it!

7.When were you last 'tickled pink' over something? Explain.
I suppose it was last summer when we finally got a major project undertaken and completely,.. the redo of our kitchen...  after 43 years it was the first major  reno  we had ever done.. a long time in coming  but life had a way in our life to  push our needs  off the table.. To actually see the fulfilment of this dream  was  an awesome thing for me!

8. Insert your own random thought here.
No time.. the rest of my day must be spent catching up on my Bible study homework.. but praise God  my cold is  abating and I am feeling much better!!!

4 comments:

  1. I can only imagine how much you enjoyed spending time with your grandchild...memories in the making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost said morning coffee. I do feel hubs bringing me that first thing in the a.m. is definitely an act of love. So glad to hear you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you are feeling better. loved your acrostic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello my friend! Thank you for stopping by my Fearn Abbey Needleworks blog. I do think of you as well. In fact, I did know you were in Ireland last spring and thought it was a shame we were so near yet so far. I see you still have a lovely blog. I MUST be more vigilant in reading the good blogs like yours. I hope you are all well, and perhaps someday you will make that trip just a wee bit farther overseas! Our door is open. Oh, and Rosebud -- he will be 8 this year! Where does the time go? Many blessings to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~