It is interesting how the various stages of life bring seasons of remembrance during holidays... especially... for example the last year we did the Passover Seder with my parents.
Such a solemn and thought provoking evening....we have so much to thank our Lord for the depth of His love and honoring of the Father in enduring the cross on our behalf... The scourging and the humiliation.. the suffering and the death and His complete innocence, then separation from God is something the human mind can not truly fathom. But we must try to wrap our mind around it during this season that we will understand the depth, the width ,the, height of His so great love for us.
Then tomorrow, resurrection Sunday we shout glory to God... He is risen... He is risen, indeed!!
it is then we can truly celebrate the new life and redemption we enjoy by Christ's resurrection!!!
Even creation sings hallelujah!11
Even as the day wanes the glory is singing, Amen!!!So it's time to bring the exultation inside...
I just love the vibrant colors of spring!!
Celebrating with family and friends!
An Easter dinner seems to seldom change..
Especially coconut poke cake!!
Cakes Coconut Poke Cake
Ingredients 1. 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
2. 1 (14 ounce) can cream of coconut
3. 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
4. 1 (16 ounce) package frozen whipped topping, thawed
5. 1 (8 ounce) package flaked coconut
1. Prepare and bake white cake mix according to package directions. Remove cake from oven. While still hot, using a utility fork, poke holes all over the top of the cake.
2. Mix cream of coconut and sweetened condensed milk together. Pour over the top of the still hot cake. Let cake cool completely then frost with the whipped topping and top with the flaked coconut. Keep cake refrigerated.
It makes 1 9X13 cake
So tomorrow,, enjoy the exultation of our risen Lord!!!!!