Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Wednesday Hodge Podge



1. What are two or three expectations you have of yourself?
My main expectation is  to lead a life where  the  light of Christ   is readily  seen  through  love,  compassion,  and  godly choices.
Secondly, I expect to  take  good care of myself  that  I may  be  a  blessing to my family and not a hindrance.

2. In what way does your outdoor space need sprucing up this spring?
Our lawn always needs  tender care....  an older  lawn  on  this  rocky soil    seems to  have tenuous  longevity...    We battle  its care  throughout the years. We  are  sprucing up the  fence row  with new plantings..  We will be planting my new hydrangeas on the  southeast side of the  house so we can enjoy them  from   the kitchen and the  front porch..

3. According to this site (Roadtrippers), six of North America's most wondrous waterfalls are-Webster's Falls in Ontario, Upper Whitewater Falls in North Carolina,Havasu Falls in the Grand Canyon, Multnomah Falls in Oregon, The Lower Yellowstone Falls, and Niagara. Have you seen any on the list? Which one on the list would you most like to visit? Prettiest waterfall not on the list that you've seen in person?
I have not seen any of the falls  listed......  Hubs and I   do plan to  see Niagara  some day soon...  as we  are  fairly close to it every time we go  to our kids...  He saw it as  child and  wants to  show me..
Locally we  have  the Cascades  which  have a  charm of their own!


 My Bible Study group went to  a  spiritual  retreat  to Moravian falls  near North Wilksboro, NC.. known for it angelic activity.. I know it was  very peaceful  if not  dramatic in  its    appearance.

 
4. Looking back, what's something you wish you'd done as a teenager?
I wish I had had more confidence.  I missed out in so many  things  because of my shyness and  lack of  self worth...especially in the  area of  being more adventurous as  a teen...  I  just didn't allow myself to participate in     teen  activities  like I should have....  

5. Ham...yes please or no thank you? If you said yes please which of the following do you like best-baked ham with all the trimmings, a ham and cheese sandwich, prosciutto with melon, a ham biscuit, a bowl of split pea and ham soup, or a slice of pizza topped with ham and pineapple?
I  love ham....  love it baked for dinner..  love  a sugar cure  ham biscuit  like the kind  one gets at  Bojangles... yum!!!   Not quite as salty as  regular cured ham...  I love ham in soups....  and  on pizza...  I am just a big ham I guess!!!

6. Are you typical of your generation? How so?
I think  so...  maybe not as  athletic  as some....  but  I am very engaging now...  I  enjoy   social functions    and  discussion  groups...   I love to lead Bible Study  groups.  I  love  singing,  and  travel,,,  and  arts and crafts  groups... I love  getting together  with  my  small set of friends( 5 ladies)  about once a month  to go  to lunch  or  together  at each others  homes...
7. April rolls in at the end of the week, and in keeping with that theme...'act the fool', 'nobody's fool', 'a fool's errand', 'could have fooled me'...which foolish idiom most recently applies to you? Explain.
I suppose  as  a retired elementary school teacher I was always on the look out for   foolish pranks  and not wanting to get caught  unawares  I  guess  I    am "Nobody's fool"   although I do enjoy  performing  a  really  good prank on  folks...    but  I  am  a  tidy prankster....nothing too 'bad'.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am still trying to figure out where March went....  When one is sick  with a terrible  virus for 3 weeks  time flies by!!!  Apparently!!!

3 comments:

  1. Three weeks is a long time to be sick with a virus. Hope you're now on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, WELL, actually, I believe I had one kind of virus and then I immediately got another.. there is so much yucky stuff going around... My resistance is low!!! But thankfully. on the mend,, Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~