Monday, March 14, 2016

The Simple Woman Daybook





For Today...
March 14, 2016

the weather today....

today is wet and drizzly, currently 56 degrees, high 70

Outside my window...
flower beds are  clear

daffodils  are    flailing in the rain
 others are  singing  merrily in the rain!


I am thinking...
Well, I  suffered  pretty  fiercely all last week with  the  most    horrible cold  in a decade...  this week,  I am   as weak as kitten's breath,   but I am up!
I am thankful...
 for  spiritual confirmation that  even when the physical seems  bleak,, yet  God is still in control... I will keep this up  yet a gain...   
I am wearing...

same ole' bathrobe and slippers... well, Ive been sick!


I am creating...
ummm......
I am going...
I really hope that tomorrow I will feel like going to  my  prayer gals  group for soup and a movie.. that is my aim!

I am wondering... 
last week I was  hoping to  lose a bit more weight...  well it is easy to lose when one is under the weather.. now keeping it off  that is  the  trick...  I have  7 pounds to keep off...  it is worth trying though, isnt it!


On my  reading  table...
Last week I reported that I had reread  3 Lynn Kurland books..  I can add 4 to that now...One just leads right into the next...



Stars in Your Eyes by Lynn KurlandDreams of Lilacs by Lynn KurlandOne Magic Moment by Lynn KurlandAll for You by Lynn Kurland
One Enchanted Evening by Lynn KurlandWhen I Fall In Love by Lynn KurlandStardust of Yesterday by Lynn Kurland
well, I have    just a bit to read to finish    that last one...
and the  giddy part I can read 10 more!!!

I am hoping...
 to go to  the greenhouse this week  and purchase some pansies to plant  in the  back garden....I have some sprucing up to do  by next week... when my cousin comes to visit!!


I am learning...
 to do a little bit everyday...  which is really helping  because  the  upstairs was in a state, but  even when I wasn't altogether feeling fine,, a  tiny bit every day produced  a   bit of  renewal and  got  hubs into the  mood to help out, as well...  I need to  figure out how to get him to  do the vaccuuming now!  hummmmm!
In my garden...
  as I said  .. time to  buy some pansies! 

 photo 2013-03-29073131_zps4efb05d8.jpg


In my kitchen...
well,, Hubs did such a great  job last week.. let's see what he cans still come up with!  Shall we?

A favorite quote/scripture for today...



James 1:2-8


Testing of Your Faith

2 Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds,3 for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.4 And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. 6 But let him ask in faith,with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man,unstable in all his ways.


A peek into one of my days...yesterday


That about says it all!

   One of my favorite things...
planning for    upcoming  events with  friends and family.. even though it almost  feels daunting,  feeling  as  poorly as I do at this moment, hubs,  who is a week ahead of me in my recupertion says I'll be fit as  a fiddle..  but  in my mind I  can see   me baking and    organizing and    decorating  to the tune of  eastertide  in preparation for my  dearest Pamela  who will be with me  mid week next...come on  body.. get with the program!!!


From the board room...
dont forget Kathleen's  8th  Annual Blogcrawl celebrting  St. Paddy's Day on March 16th
IMG_0324
Post Script
BeTURKa: Erin Go Bragh & Irish Connection

3 comments:

  1. sorry you have not been feeling well. please take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you've been under the weather. Hopefully you can do some of those things on your list. Get well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are feeling better by now. Enjoyed my visit to your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~