Monday, March 21, 2016

The Simple Woman Daybook




For Today...March 21, 2016

the weather today....

sunny  and  promising...   a  gorgeous , if windy, early spring day!

Outside my window...
 The front porch  would be inviting if the wind wasnt so fierce!
 The tulip poplar tree is  blooming  against  leafless boughs!
 A box of pansies  await    being planted today!

I am thinking...
there is much to do  today...  Im in the throes of  switching out  seasonal  clothes and  gathering  a  large  plastic bag of  clothing to donate.  Then  time to  refresh the  guest room for   a most special guest this week!

I am thankful...
that we did not get any of the  horrid weather that was predicted  yesterday and last night....  well, except for the  gale that  blew all night and into the morning!

I am wearing...

my regular pj's and  terry  wrapper....

I am creating...
 an  eastery attitude  this week...  time to  mix things up a bit!
the sunroom is well underway!







I am going...

to be attending our  Christians United to Pray  event this week.  We prayer gals  have been meeting a couple of times a month for  prayer in the prayer  room of our church  for  about  6 years.  Then 3 and 1/2 years ago we  were retreating    for  guidance  from  the Lord and the  outworking of that was to   take the prayer to the community..  to unite christians  around our fair  city  for  prayer  especially  for our nation...  we were taking seriously  2 Chronicles 7:14. If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and turn from their wicked ways I will hear from heaven and heal their land.  Well, we have  been  calling the community to prayer now  every couple of months ever since.. We meet in the public library meeting room, other  churches and  this week we will meet in our church..  We have  a dedicated number of  warriors  who come  from several denominations and it truly is a blessing .. I  challenge  other  prayer groups to  arise across  this nation... especially as the most important election of our  time is upon us!

I am wondering... 

about my  precious  daughter and grand daughters this morning...  They have  succumbed to  a  terrible  cold like virus  which is    most  diffiuclt  for  dearest  Doodle Bug who is only 3 months old. it is so  horrible to  feel so helpless when  such a tiny  infant is   struggling  to breathe, swallow,  and  there seems so little  you can do to help!  I am anxiously awaiting news this morning ....  last night  we were  simply told to pray for a  better  night!

On my reading table...

Last week I report that I had reread  7 of  Lynn Kurland's  wonderful   books...    during my  recuperation of the   virus I  had  endured  over the  past week weeks.  I have now added  some  others to that count..

This Is All I Ask by Lynn KurlandAnother Chance to Dream by Lynn KurlandThe More I See You by Lynn KurlandFrom This Moment On by Lynn Kurland


The Very Thought of You by Lynn Kurland
I love these  books....  for their sweet wholesome romances.... 
 the chivalry    and excitement of  medieval  hsitory...  and they are  all connected  through  a couple of family lines which  make  reading their in  succession   fun!

I am hoping...
to   finally have a   firm decision on  what  food to have for my  cousin who is coming this week.. I  want to  have something  springy and  fresh and  tea party-like  but    substantial..my creative juices  just arent up to  the task  yet!  I'd love a suggestion,  or two!

I am learning...

patience....  and it is about time! 
No,   waiting  is a good    discipline.... All good things come to those who wait!


In my garden... the pansies are in the box  by the back stoop waiting.....  to be planted!!! Of course,  waiting for the ground to dry out just a bit more!!!


In my kitchen...
Planning   meals  for  mid week....  come ideas, come!
right now I am thinking  
a lovely    brunch on the porch!
A favorite quote/scripture for today...

2Thessalonians 3: 3-5
And pray that we may be delivered from wicked and evil people, for not everyone has faith. 3 But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one. 4 We have confidencein the Lord that you are doing and will continue to do the things we command. 5 May the Lord direct your hearts into God’s love and Christ’s perseverance.

A peek into one of my days...yesterday
 I finally got to watch the last of The  Hobbit trilogy
I  have so enjoyed  those  wonderful tales of J.R.R. Tolkien~
the "father" of modern fantasy literature
I also    absolutely  enjoy  the acting of Martin Freeman  whom I  discovered  in the wonderful hit series,  Sherlock,  when he played Dr. Watson...  If you havent watched  that  BBC series  that is still in production, yet  we are  waiting  for  winter of 2017 for the enxt installment!     BAh Humbug!!!  Check it out  at your  public library or watch it on netflix!

One of my favorite things...
time spent on facetime with my precious girls!
our darling 21/2 year old, Birdie,  enjoying her  booberries  while we chat!!!!!
Actually, I couldnt bare  our long distance without facetime!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love all your Eastery decorations. Modern technology is one of my favorite things and Facetime ranks high on the list. Have a simply wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~